Welcome to the Tiki Central 2.0 Beta. Read the announcement
Celebrating classic and modern Polynesian Pop

Tiki Central / Other Crafts

Woofmutt Stuff & Junk Like That

Pages: 1 25 replies

Woofmutt Stuff & Junk Like That...The Gallery (That sounds fancy!)

Panel (2002)
Wood and paint.

The first primitive thing I made. The point was to make it look like a piece from an old bar or restaurant.

Towel Holder (2002)
Wood and paint.

The second primitive I ever made. Again the intent was to make it look like an older piece.

Log Head (2002)
Wood.

Made from a piece of log I found on the street.

Untitled (2004)
Carved and painted foam.
(image: monkeyskull)

Plank (2005)
Carved and painted foam.
(image: Tikitronic)

Untitled (2005)
Carved and painted foam.

Untitled (2005)
Carved and painted foam.

Untitled (2005)
Carved and painted foam.
(image: Melintur)

Untitled (2005)
Carved and painted foam.
(image: Selector Lopaka)

Untitled (2005)
Carved and painted foam.

Untitled (2005)
Carved and painted foam.

The Night Visitors (2006)
A found painting that I aged and added the carved and painted pieces to.

The Quiet Village (2006)
The other half of the found painting.

Sleeping Plank (2008)
Carved and painted foam.

Made at the same time as Plank but I date things based on when they are actually ready to hang on the wall.

Boing! (2008)
Painted ukulele.

The Green Monkey (2008)
Carved and painted foam.

(below the line)

woofmutt

[ Edited by: woofmutt 2010-01-03 12:27 ]

Tikitronic once started a thread of my stuff but a lot of the image links are dead in it. And also because of violation of signed agreements and reproduction rights there were legal issues and lawsuits, and a subsequent profile of me in Ornery Bastard Quarterly where I really came off lookin' like jerk. (Though the photos were very flattering.)

Or something like that.

Anyway, here's my NEW! thread. Deal with it.

Thanks to everyone who has posted images of Woofmutt Stuff & Junk Like That. If you own a piece of mine that's not in the above gallery I'd appreciate an image of it. Either send it to me or post it below. (I will also add it to the gallery so that people who just want to look at pictures/can't read don't have to bother with a lotta words.)

YEA I love me som woofmutt stuff and junk !!! thanks for posting your Gallery for reference. I think your tikis are keen!

Thanks for starting a new thread. It's always frustrating when you want to look at art and all the pics links are dead. Your work is terrific.
I look forward to seeing more.

i've transferred the pix to this thread.. i am SUPER HAPPY with my Woofmutt goodies
i bought a bunch of Woofmutt's Stuff & Junk like this ~ at the yard sale:

foam tikis mounted in small frames with neat tapa, grasscloth and rattan backings.

itsybitsy tiki

Handbags:

D

another awsome side effect of living in Seattle ~ gifts from Woofmutt. he customized a wood ice bucket for us ~

W

For the record: The lettering was a decal made by Stiki Tiki. I just did the rope work. (Those are special bondage knots taught to me by a wandering Canadian lass.)

woofmutt

[ Edited by: woofmutt 2008-08-17 21:18 ]

Very nice Woofmutt. I play with foam sometimes ( http://mgilbert.net/foam.html ), so I especially like your foam techniques

I'm proud to own 2 Woofmutt stuff creations! But I want more more more!
And Woofmutt gifts that show up on your doorstep in these parts are always a welcome treat!!!!

Pea

Bonus artwork on the back!

I don't care what they say about you Mutt...art is in your blood. I think antibiotics will help though.

Very cool stuff, I especially like the weathering a lot of the stuff has, old usually looks better than new. Nice.

nice stuff mutt! I especially like the carved foam tikis in frames! Very cool stuff.

Ditto on the aged look of many of your pieces. I'm a fan!

V

Really nice. I love what you did of the found painting, and the foam art looks really great too.

W

I finally got around to grabbing some decent pics of an old piece. The Green Monkey was done for my friend Cookie's home "lounge" The Green Monkey Room.*****

These days I don't put fezzes on stuff and really really try to avoid using cigarettes because both are too easy a prop to reach for when making an image or object. Though it'd be amusing there'd be no real skill or challenge in putting a fez and a cigarette on a fire hydrant. (Maybe a little challenge with the cigarette...Where exactly is a fire hydrant's mouth?)

But these are just cartoon pop decorative pieces so why the hell should I even give a damn?

Good argument. I was obviously over thinking the issue. Fezzes and cigarettes for everyone!

I'm off to dress up the fire hydrant on the corner.

***** The lounge is named for some green ceramic monkeys I put in there. It has an upscale lowbrow tropical vibe. Tiki mugs live there.

W

In other not so news...
Here's some paper stuff I recently got scanned. These sorts of things I do while watching TV or while I should be doing other stuff. Some of it's half assed, some of it's pert near fully assed. The stuff here is some of the Tiki type stuff and others that could be wedged in at the edge of the tiki bar. I have a pile of other images over on the Facebook.

Some envelopes which I drawed on a couple years ago. (I like drawing big teeth tikis and get all giddy and light headed when I hear bitching about big teeth tikis.)

These were addressed and never sent for lack of something to put into them. (I think I'll fill 'em with potpourri and finally get them in the mail.)

A couple postcards which will soon sail for exotic mailboxes...

A drawing with no purpose. The mask the kid is wearing is NOT Tiki.

Speaking of things NOT Tiki, here's some skulls. Admittedly skulls are typical and easy and have been overdone since Year 1. But I've been drawing them since I was a kid because it's fun to draw skulls! These drawings are a year and a few more years old and are 8 1/2x11.

I hope I get a WoofMutt Stuff and Junk doodled big tooth tiki envelope with potpourii in the mail.

Nice stuff Woofmutt!!! BTW skulls kick ass even though they have been done to death!!

You're a man of MANY different talents,Woofie!
That bottom tiki on the tiki grouping is pretty durn cool!

YEEEEEHAAAAAAWWWW!!!! Woofart (not to be confused with woofarted) My fav is the suave tiki guy first grouping upper left.

T
teaKEY posted on Mon, Jan 4, 2010 3:34 AM

I think I like the fish the best.

H

Simple yet well executed and interesting. You are a man of many talents.

L

I really like all your carved foam pieces.

Who knew under all those long winded posts about nothing that there was some talent up in there too :wink:

Pages: 1 25 replies