Welcome to the Tiki Central 2.0 Beta. Read the announcement
Celebrating classic and modern Polynesian Pop

Tiki Central / General Tiki

Fun New TIKI Brand Website

Pages: 1 10 replies

http://www.partyonastick.com

You guys should check this new TIKI Site out, its a cool TIKI resource. Its got a handy store locater on where to find TIKI products, fun games, downloads for children and adults, party ideas...its pretty cool.

I'd like to hear what my fellow TIKI fanatics think of the site, your input would be greatly appreciated

http://www.partyonastick.com.

Enjoy!

Mike

[ Edited by: bshooterwork 2008-04-18 08:05 ]

[ Edited by: bshooterwork 2008-04-18 08:07 ]

[ Edited by: bshooterwork 2008-04-18 10:20 ]

well....

Tiki Brand Torches and products are a legend in Tiki History... I am grateful for their longevity as a company.

The website obviously had some real work put into it.

The best way to get polite feedback is to not tell everyone else how GREAT your work is before others have had a chance to give it a look. Otherwise you will find that many here will shoot to kill.. :)

I was thinking that you could really benefit from some of the tiki graphic artists we have here to work on your Tiki mask illustrations..

the fonts are cool... the way the navigation buttons tie into the hanging signage is cool... the color palette is nicely done...its a rich looking site.

Do you really want feedback from the group here or are you just hoping for a thumbs up and pat on the back? Some folks here will be very blunt with you if you are open to it. Are you an employee of the Tiki Company or just the designer of the site?

thanks for sharing.

[ Edited by: Monkeyman 2008-04-18 10:11 ]

Thanks for taking the time to check it out!

I am not an employee of the TIKI company, but I did do some work on this website. I understand about setting it up and saying its "great" and then having people shoot to kill. I tried to not do that, but thanks for the heads up as I am new to the site.

No, i am definatly not looking for a pat on the back or anything, I just want some honest feedback from people that I know have interest in these types of things, as I do. I know there is always room for improvement. Whether its good or bad, I'd love to hear it all. Thanks for taking the time to go into detail about your thoughts, it is greatly appreciated. I hope to hear more thoughts on the site!

Mike

[ Edited by: bshooterwork 2008-04-18 10:21 ]

Wow, the venerable Tiki Torch company finally joins the age of the Tiki revival! It's about time, these folks have held the name TIKI registered since day one. The company probably has changed hands since then, but the use of the name is legit.

B

My only suggestion would be to get rid of the "jack-in-the-box" chef and sumo guys on the right-hand side - they are VERY annoying and I was having a hard time looking at the products.

They are very excited to be reaching out to consumers and displaying to them how much fun the TIKI Brand can be! Thanks for the comment!

Ditto what beadtiki said.

MrsHoptiki

C
Cammo posted on Sun, Apr 20, 2008 6:01 AM

This Tiki Torch site fails on it's basic goal - to display Tiki Torches.

When you hit "Featured Products" it shows a small box where you can only see the TOP of the Torch, very small, with an enormous distracting flame roaring on top. The torch to the left at all times is too dark to discern against a dark background, and the ones that pop up on the right with the sumo&chef are tiny.

I would have made the whole site burning with really cool looking brass torches. Ferget the cartoons. Ferget the 'interesting' fonts, which aren't even Tiki-ish.

And where's the party????

C+.

Thanks for all of your thoughts and input my fellow TIKI fans! This is all great feedback, and anybody else who would like to contribute please feel free!

One cool aspect about this site you cant yet see is that starting on May 15th, Evite.com will be featuring new invatations in thier outdoor party category. These new invatations will be TIKI party invites! So when you plan your TIKI party, you can check out Evite.com for specific invatations. Just thought i would let everyone know!

[ Edited by: bshooterwork 2008-04-21 12:11 ]

nice look and feel but waaaay too much flash......as someone who works in Search engine optimization and natural/paid search.....this just makes me crazy. All you text and content is invisible to google and yahoo and regardless of your meta tags your content is still hidden. sorry....work rant :wink: If you want to be successful on the web, give yourself all the tools!

G

Nice as your website is, I just can't help but feel that something is missing... I don't know, maybe it's this? :wink:

Pages: 1 10 replies