Welcome to the Tiki Central 2.0 Beta. Read the announcement
Celebrating classic and modern Polynesian Pop

Tiki Central / Tiki Marketplace

RiGhT NoW!-Two Authentic Paupua New Guinea Tiki Carvings , TC Members Only !!

Pages: 1 6 replies

Aloha all... Only on TC-I am selling three authentic, old Paupua New Guinea carvings from my personal collection here to make room in my small living room for a four-footer I have just purchased!! These are the real deal. The two longer carvings are Spirit Hooks, which are used to hang their net bags, water gourds, etc. in their huts. *The fiber and Cassawary-feather decorated one is Kamindibit Village, central Sepik River area. It is about 25-30 years old. It has a small 1 1/2 " repair area on one leg (a filled chip, very common on these pieces), hardly noticeable.. It is 36 x 9 inches. It is 120.00. *The second, longer piece with the shell eyes is a Mindibit Village, also central Sepik River area and the neighboring village to Kamindibit ("Neighboring" in Paupua New Guinea means half-a-day by hike and canoe!!). It is also a Spirit Hook. 25-30 years old. 38 x 7 inches.As beautiful as the other; 125.00. *The third piece is a Mindibit carver's stool. These are traditional stools used by the tiki carvers and unique to every village. Appx. 20 years old. It is 14 x 8 inches. It is 60.00. I also have one cobalt blue glass float (new)left over from Hukilau last year. It is 32.00. Shipping on these pieces will be around 14-20.00 each, or cheaper grouped. Just PM me here, folks, and claim what you would like and I'll get you my Paypal adress and a total. Mahalo, and enjoy!

The Cockeyed Mayor Of CarvaKaKai.

[ Edited by: Basement Kahuna 2008-01-13 15:19 ]

Previously mentioned sign now sold.

[ Edited by: Basement Kahuna 2008-01-15 08:28 ]

Alright, a few PM's but no hard decisions yet, so the PNG items still need a new discerning amatuer anthropologist/urban archeologist to take them home...how's this-If someone would like all three of the Sepik carvings....250.00 plus shipping. If you have ever thought about collecting authentic Oceanic Art, here is a very good start.

Hi, folks..the carver's stool has gone to a new home as well as the glass float, so the two awesome Paupua New Guinea Spirit Hooks remain; deducting for the stool I'll still sell the two pieces left at a package deal of 180.00 or individually. Aloha! BK

The two spirit hooks are SOLD to fellow carver extraordinaire and braddah from annuda mudda Jungletrader, a man of impeccable taste, irrefutable character, and unquestionable refinement. Thanks everyone, and enjoy the goodies!

On 2008-01-19 13:35, Basement Kahuna wrote:
Jungletrader, a man of impeccable taste, irrefutable character, and unquestionable refinement.

ACK! You hallucinating again?

Hmmm...the Kahuna Girls did feed me some funny sugar this afternoon... I honestly can't tell half the time. :wink:

Pages: 1 6 replies