Welcome to the Tiki Central 2.0 Beta. Read the announcement
Celebrating classic and modern Polynesian Pop

Tiki Central / General Tiki

More Canadian Tiki culture

Pages: 1 1 replies

C

In Calgary, Alberta, a restaurant called "Tiki Tiki" lived; a super tropical main floor bar,some live band performances, tiki mugs,even bubbling concoctions with dry ice(called Volcano).Polynesian-themed show with Oriental food on lower floor and rumour had it that at each show, an audience member was asked to join in a dance on stage. Does anyone anywhere know of other Calgary Tiki rooms or any history of them?

T

Here's all the tiki stuff I have found for BC and Alberta using Canada 411. Some of you west coasters ought to check these places out, see if there's anything there worth going to!

Alberta

TIKI II RESTAURANT 44, 200 Barclay Parade SW 264-0530

West Edmonton Mall - Fantasyland Hotel - Polynesian Room
"My tropically themed room had a huge jacuzzi in a rock spa filled by an overhead waterfall. The sky blue walls were splattered with fluffy clouds and my bed was floating in a catamaran at full sail. The ceiling was mirrored and reflected waves painted on the walls as well as the tropical greenery. After four dips in my personal hot tub, I hated to leave this paradise. "

British Columbia

Polynesian Room – Waldorf, Vancouver (already documented on Tiki Central)

Lum's Polynesian Restaurant 914 Esquimalt, Victoria, British Columbia (250)385-2322

*Tiki Restaurant, 915 Lakeshore Dr. W, Penticton, British Columbia,

*Tiki Village Motor Inn, 2408 34 st., Vernon, British Columbia, V1T 5W8, (250) 545-2268 http://www.monday.com/tikivillagemotorinn.

Hawaii Cafe 5880 Marine Dr., Burnaby (604)431-4580

Pages: 1 1 replies