Welcome to the Tiki Central 2.0 Beta. Read the announcement
Celebrating classic and modern Polynesian Pop

Tiki Central / Other Crafts

my finished decanter 4 the dva tiki art show!!!!

Pages: 1 14 replies

..well....

,,here it is!! just finished it up!!.......entitled "Take Me to your Liquor!!!!" ..........again i went with a diorama type thing cause, hey, that's what i do!!!.....i consider this a complete set.....you get 3 anodized aluminum shot glasses and a functional decanter...i had to add a cork to mine since there was no way to keep it on otherwise.....each shot cup sets in a recess in the base with a leopard print insert. The robot tiki is permanently attached and his glass dome helmet is removable to change the flicker flame bulb......see it up close at the opening on saturday!! whhheeeeeeeeee!!!!!!!

Kick ass, Dave!! Now if i can scoop this along with last years samurai set...Keep it rollin, Homes.

Wow! That is so cool! I love the leopard insets for the cups. Nice job.

Dave,

Is that a paper towel backdrop?! :wink:

Really nice work man!

Good luck to you at the show... hope it and your signs sell right away!

H

Everything looks great Tipsy, best of luck.

That is looking really SWELL!

Cool Dave! Digging the "Robby the Robot - Forbidden Planet" angle it has... I love that genre. The lucky owner gets all the extra pieces too along with the paper towels to clean up the spills :wink: - what a deal! Very nice as always!

http://www.samgambino.com

[ Edited by: Sam Gambino 2007-06-21 01:28 ]

thanks all!!

...and it's not a paper towel backdrop!! LOL....i needed something quick so i used a drop cloth type of thing for a neutral background......

Also, the Pitcairn Chair is SOLD!! but you will still be able to see it on display at the gallery.....

F

Well I was thinking of getting it until you said that those weren't paper towels. The deal is off now.

P.S. It still looks cool.

Tips!
That is great that you took the decanter and expanded it outward,as is your style! Very nice! That will make a fine addition to any hipster's home Bar! Kudos to you on this masterful creation!

EB

I've never seen something like this in ym lifetime and I hae to say that's one of the most exciting and best ideas! Very cool work and it's far better than the Johnny Reb Whiskey-bottle on the Simpsons TV-Show. Really awesome, I wish I could own one!

Very Cool rocket Tipsy! I can see why you posted an armed guard of the rock'em, sock'em variety. He looks like he doesn't take any shit.

C

ha! that's so great! love it, specially the robot!! Congrats

thanks for the compliments all!!

due to popular demand, i'm going to create a line of tiki robot lamps...each will be about the same scale as this one, each will be one-of-a-kind....i don't know how many i will make. probably till i run out of supplies and parts to make them. these will make nice little table accent lamps. i will be starting a separate thread about them once i get the next one finished.....

I would be very interested in a lamp. I am a computer engineer with robotics as a specialty, this would rock on my desk.

Pages: 1 14 replies