Welcome to the Tiki Central 2.0 Beta. Read the announcement
Celebrating classic and modern Polynesian Pop

Tiki Central / General Tiki / Introducing.... Arkiva Tropika

Post #257732 by puamana on Thu, Sep 28, 2006 8:39 PM

You are viewing a single post. Click here to view the post in context.
P

Aloha all !

I am so happy to introduce my new website, Arkiva Tropika :

http://www.arkivatropika.com

An online archive of my paper ephemera collection, Arkiva Tropika celebrates not just Polynesian Pop, but also the classic heyday of all tropical (& tropical themed) restaurants, hotels, bars, etc. From Florida to Fiji, from Haiti to Hawaii, from Seattle to Samoa, Arkiva Tropika was created as a way to both share and organize my collection.

It consists of largely of mostly pre-1970 menus, yet also includes postcards, photos, brochures, matchbooks, napkins, and other paper ephemera from tropical/exotic themed environments. Arkiva Tropika is about the classic island imagery, especially in regards to tourism of yesteryear.

So please check out the site and let me know what you think. I will try to add images and info there on a regular basis ( if not daily ).

This website wouldn't be possible without the creative and computer-savvy genius of my good friend Humuhumu, who was enthusiastic about the project from the very start of our early conversations about it last year. She created a website for me that not only showcases the collection with ease, but its simply gorgeous to look at....MANY MANY thanks, Humuhumu !

Also, many thanks to Hanford & Tiki Central for providing the inspiration to contribute something where I can share all the random finds & great eye candy that I find, with everyone who has an interest. I have learned so much from this forum, and have met so many wonderful folks... its been a treat to have such an outlet, to share common interests with so many diverse people from all over...

I hope that you enjoy Arkiva Tropika, and please check there often, for constant additions & updates from my collection.

Mahalo !