Welcome to the Tiki Central 2.0 Beta. Read the announcement
Celebrating classic and modern Polynesian Pop

Tiki Central / Other Events

international happy hour! back and better than evar!

Pages: 1 2 3 4 148 replies

T

Well, the SHOUTers decided that since we do the online drunk thing from time to time we should invite one and all to join our evening fun. But, you must include a picture of your beverage!

Here's mine:

Basic Barrel o' Rum served in a Scorpion Bowl.

[ Edited by: tekoteko 2007-07-20 18:37 ]

Aloha! Tonight I'mhaving a 'Blackstrap Betty'

P

eh, just a TV mai tai. last of my mix, too. it's a strong one. day off tomorrow.

H
Helz posted on Wed, Sep 13, 2006 8:08 PM

For me, it's a Navy Grog...

Can't wait to do this again next wednesday...since many of us lack a place/people to have a weekly event, this is brilliant!

all I could scrounge up was a rum and coke!

First drink since June!
At the package store I did see 4 bottles of Pisco [think thats how it was spelled in a cool moai bottle for $22

[ Edited by: Stiki Tiki 2006-09-13 20:34 ]

I just saw this thread as I sipped the last of my Key Lime Cocktail.....

3oz Vanilla Vodka
2oz Pineapple Juice
1 1/2 oz Lime Juice
1/2oz Simple Syrup
1/2oz Cream
Shake with ice and pour into glass.

H
Helz posted on Wed, Sep 20, 2006 3:43 PM

BUMP...Hope to see ya all on TikiSHOUT this evening....and remember, take pics!

Oh I'll be there! After my not so wonderful day at work I'll be needing an extra shot of something.

W

I'll be there...WITH FRESHLY CUT HAIR!!!

T

ALOHA! It's wednesday night! You know what that means! All you TCers from remote locations with no central tiki gathering spot should join in the TikiSHOUT International Happy Hour! Celebrate the middle of the week with the most exciting group of boozers on the Interweb!

Join in the fun by following these easy steps:

1. Mix a beverage, be as bland or as grand as you like. Put it in your favorite ceramic serving vessel, garnish to your heart's desire. Basically, make it the way you want it, the size you want it, and whatever you want it to be!

2. Take a picture of your beverage. We want to see what you're drinking. Better yet, include a picture of you drinking it! You only need to take a picture of your first beverage. No extra points for quantity of photos, it's the quality we're after.

3. Log in to TikiSHOUT, it's on the forum index page, at the bottom. Say aloha, stay as long as you like, and most importantly, show us your drink...even if you cheat and pour your diet coke into a mug...we'll never know unless you garnish with mentos! Stay as long as you like, get to know the regulars, and let the fact that you've gotta go to work tomorrow disappear, because it's WEDNESDAY NIGHT! Anyway, going to work a little rough in the morning won't hurt...if anyone asks tell them that you went to International Happy Hour...they probably didn't...and they'll be impressed!

Aloha for now, and well see you tonight!

TT

T

And so it begins...the second weekly INTERNATIONAL HAPPY HOUR, brought to you in TikiSHOUT Hi-Fi.

She looks fine by daylight...

...but when the lights go out, she's HOT.

Bastardized Scorpion, ala Teko Teko.

W

I'm just havin' some Black Strap Rum and soda (plus the juice of 1 key lime) in a flat black Moai mug. Black strap in flat black.

No camera (yet) so here's a lil picture I did inspired by this event...

great picture woof!! here's my mai tai, using my new bottle of vanilla-ey trader vic's dark rum.

T

Now Exoticat has shown up with her Snarky Sangriacat.

H
Helz posted on Wed, Sep 20, 2006 8:32 PM

This evening...for the Wahine:

Chi Chi

and for the Helz:

Blackstrap Betty in custom Volcano (Note the swizzle in honor of the drink's creator)

rum n coke again! with some t3"s

B

Count me in.... Kauaiian High's for Mr. and Mrs. Blowfish tonight!

H
Helz posted on Wed, Sep 27, 2006 3:29 PM

Bump for Tonight!

T

damn...it's already been bumped! Remember...it's cocktail glass theme night! Show us your beverages! 7PM PST!

J

It's still PDT Teko.

T

I Want this on Central Mountain Time!!! I need my sleep!!! What do you mean by "Cocktail Glass Night" Does that mean the glass has to have a Rooster on it?

Tikisgrl

T

...only if you're bringing your webcam TG.

T

I have chosen my Cocktail Glass for this evening; A full breasted Rooster with a multi-hued tail, paired with a "Cocktail Pick" Rooster...

Tikisgrl

T

Tonight I'm trying an experimental swill. Formula still in determination process. Coaster same as always.

Unfortunately, I have to wake up very early tomorrow, so I'm having skim milk with a low-fat cookie garnish.

J

Ladies and Gentlemen,
I give you JenTiki's first attempt at a Mai Tai!

H
Helz posted on Wed, Sep 27, 2006 7:36 PM

Staying with the cocktail glass theme....

SHARK BITE!

P

well, it's glass.

A last minute apple/butterscotch concoction with a garnish chosen only for it's looks. Displayed alongside some of today's finds.

[ Edited by: Tikiwahine 2006-09-27 21:35 ]

Navy Grog with Appleton Rum and TV mix.

This pic woulda got posted sooner had it not been fer all the chit chat and gossip...Which also got in the way of my drinkin'. Went simple tonight...Some Applejack on the rocks.

GREAT illustration mutt!

ST

T

BUMP!
Alright all of you non-Hukilau going Tikiphiles. International Happy Hour...in TikiSHOUT. Tonight. 7pmish, Pacific time.

H
Helz posted on Wed, Oct 4, 2006 5:49 PM

Non-hukilau?!?!

Forgetaboutit...

LIVE from the Molokai Bar, Mai Kai, Fort Lauderdale...

Rum Barrel!!!

[ Edited by: helztiki 2006-10-05 09:57 ]

T

Wow. Live from the Molokai. We've all been shown up!

J

I give you a slighty modified China Clipper with a garnish of candied ginger just for kicks

and yes, that's a Chongolio print.

J

On 2006-10-04 18:21, tekoteko wrote:
Wow. Live from the Molokai. We've all been shown up!

Well at least some of us showed up!

T

I didn't think my glass of water was worth photographin.

Blackstrap Betty for two

T

Bump! Okay people...no Hukilau, no excuse! Last week's turnout was abysmal...though spirited...myself included. Get your shakers ready and your rum bottles ready to pour. The theme for this week is...drinks!

J

Ladies and Gentlemen,
The Nutty Jentini

I dunno what to call this one, it's a new invention.

1/2oz ginger syrup
1/2oz creme de noyeaux (almond liqueur)
1 1/2oz trader vic's dark rum
1/2oz white rum
1/2 an orange, squeezed
1/2 a lime, squeezed

shake & serve with crushed ice

T

And I give you...the Tropical Moment-um...a higher octane version of the Tropical Moment.

H
Helz posted on Wed, Oct 11, 2006 7:43 PM

Should be pretty easy to figure out what's in the mug....

with a nod to Mr. Road Trip

P

M

[ Edited by poptiki on 2022-10-12 04:28:00 ]

P
Paipo posted on Wed, Oct 11, 2006 9:22 PM

Sugar rush!

T

Your mission for October 18, 2006...should you choose to accept it...is to create a GEOGRAPHICAL beverage. Post your proof here. What, you ask, is a GEOGRAPHICAL beverage? Well...something that has a PLACE in it's name. A Geographical place, not "Jim's Cool Tiki Bar Brew." Think Tonga, Tahiti, Hawaii, Samoa, wherever...but it's gotta have a place in the name! Get your shakers and blenders ready, because this week we take on the world!

TT

H
Helz posted on Wed, Oct 18, 2006 7:09 PM

Well then,let me get the evening started...

the PAGO PAGO

with a couple refinements from the Hukilau (and The Marquesan)

Pages: 1 2 3 4 148 replies