Welcome to the Tiki Central 2.0 Beta. Read the announcement
Celebrating classic and modern Polynesian Pop

Tiki Central / Home Tiki Bars / Jungalero Lounge featured in IMBIBE magazine (NEW PHOTO)

Post #397001 by Howland on Sun, Jul 27, 2008 9:02 PM

You are viewing a single post. Click here to view the post in context.
H

The Jungalero makes local news. A friend of a friend who is a reporter recommended contacting me about my tiki bar and possibly doing a story awhile back. The reporter called last monday and asked if he could come do a story on Friday (this past) so I said, 'sure!"

He probably took 15 minutes of video and I went into all kinds of detail but it got edited down to these few seconds. Full story with pics comes out tomorrow morn (mon-28). Hoping they didn't edit too much but I'm expecting it as I had alot to say. The photographer must have taken at least several hundred photos, inside and out but I'll be lucky to see maybe 2 in the newspaper. We'll see how it goes in the morn.

Had Tikyaki Orchestra playing in background while the reporter and photographer were there. Bar was a little on the slack side so I was sippin' Myers w/ seltzer and lime with a sprig of mint in a Hukilau 2004(? I think) mug.

Jeeez, i sound like such a hick! But I AM originally from Gee-or-gee-a! ---But I can sing just like Johnny Cash!!!!

I'll post newpaper article tomorrow, providin' they didn't edit me into utter stupidity! Link below.

http://www.charleston.net/videos/2008/jul/28/504/