Welcome to the Tiki Central 2.0 Beta. Read the announcement
Celebrating classic and modern Polynesian Pop

Tiki Central / Home Tiki Bars / Jungalero Lounge featured in IMBIBE magazine (NEW PHOTO)

Post #298281 by Howland on Tue, Apr 10, 2007 9:58 PM

You are viewing a single post. Click here to view the post in context.
H

Still working on the old 'Hukilau Hut' as well as converting my basement into a nice, dark tiki room/bar area. I've started (and finished) some faux tapa paint effects on the walls. I've also got 100 feet x 3 feet of lauhala and lots of reed fencing and bamboo to get started with. I did the faux tapa with some little stamps I cut out of a piece of a foam camping mat and glued to small peices of 1/4 in. plywood.

I still need a name for the indoor part but I think I'm sticking with 'Hukilau Hut' for the outside part. I guess this has turned into one large project and I'll be jumpng back and forth from inside room to HukiHut. Here's what I've got for now.

Here I've applied a dark green, almost black wash over the gold/black tapa pattern so it wouldn't be so stark. Also painted the ceiling vey, very dark green.

Here's some shots of the stamps I made. I filled in some of the details on the walls by hand/paintbrush.

So now that I've got umpteen hundred unfinished projects going on, I can't tell you what I'm going to post next. I'll keep you informed.
Thanx for looking, back soon.