Welcome to the Tiki Central 2.0 Beta. Read the announcement
Celebrating classic and modern Polynesian Pop

Tiki Central / Tiki Carving / Crazy AL Tiki !?! New stuff of old stuff? pg.19

Post #368953 by crazy al on Mon, Mar 24, 2008 12:59 PM

You are viewing a single post. Click here to view the post in context.
CA

Bad M-Fer...? or bad business man?? the limited commission of Tiki#13s i did with a shop in the
Philippines might have expanded on their own?? Thanks to Tiki Diablo... i found #13s here in LA... better then the ones i ever got?? with my name caved on the back!!! i never got any like that either...

I knew this would happen... but not the putting my name on the back??
It's my sinister plot to take over 'Tiki' with CrazyAL clones!!!!

BambooBen just sent me this Tonga Tiki!!!??? $400
http://honolulu.craigslist.org/mau/clt/611459408.html

lovely tiki!! (but not as nice as the ones here in LA)
however, this is not Tongan or any other Polynesian tiki... it is a Poly-Pop tiki originally carved in LA, Mainland, by white boy from Phoenix AZ... hee hee... read all about it in the next Tiki Magazine.

this tiki is an unauthorized copy by Philippine carvers who did a limited number for me in 04-05 and may still make them with-out my knowledge.

here is the original tiki that I covered in 1998... completely my own design from head to Foot!!
http://tikimania.com/docs/bt_13.html

years ago this was posted to TC by a carver...

the same guy did this one i believe

the 'graphic-outline-style' of the mouths of my tikis is describes in my TM article on Tiki#11... i think i mention my first devotee...tree trimmer Jeff.. who i think did this guy found on the beach here in Huntington Beach.

Jeff, who in-turn inspired another tree trimmer, now carver, 'Tiki-king' (not the TC TikiKing)... Who i mention that took my graphic mouth outline and put Mai Tiki teeth inside... so Tiki-King inspired this HB carver TikiTony

who inspired this unknown lesser carver...

the Tiki-king guy also inspired this OC carver from Fountain Valley, Gary?.
Who's CO. is actually called 'Tikimania' if you can believe that???... but his website is 'Tikimaker' for the obvious.

This TikiMaker makes the bar stools for TikiBar...

i thought this was a 'CrazyAL Style' but maybe it should be called an "HB style"

enough on this for now... more later...