Welcome to the Tiki Central 2.0 Beta. Read the announcement
Celebrating classic and modern Polynesian Pop

Tiki Central / Tiki Carving / Paipo's Stone Tikis - 1st Thread - Jun 06 - May 08

Post #261454 by Paipo on Wed, Oct 18, 2006 1:56 PM

You are viewing a single post. Click here to view the post in context.
P
Paipo posted on Wed, Oct 18, 2006 1:56 PM

Finally, carving again! Not much tiki action, but I have some new ones coming up on the queue soon. I did do a little more on the moai, not that you'd know it...man, these guys can eat up some time! I wanted a really nice curvature and defintion on the torso and arms, which are probably the last thing I'll do. I also spent more time defining the areas where the neck meets the chin and chest. Finally, I took a bit off the bottom end so he can stand proud as a moai should!

Here's something else - I was talking about these with hewey the other night and seeing Tama's new big-ass hei-tiki reminded me about them. Two 2 foot CNC-cut green marble hei tiki - these are going to be "wall pendants" with giant plaited cords. They are on the "some day" list at the moment, as I will need to set up a bit of stuff to be able to work on them. They're hard to photograph because of the mirror polish which I will sandblast off. That's a wine bottle in between them: