Welcome to the Tiki Central 2.0 Beta. Read the announcement
Celebrating classic and modern Polynesian Pop

Tiki Central / General Tiki

Scooby Doo - Tiki Scare is No Fair

Pages: 1 20 replies

T

I ran across this episode of Scooby Doo and found some pretty good tiki art. The whole show is loaded with tikis. Here's a couple of examples:

A tiki bar:

My favorite: Bats

And a tribute To Basement Kahuna - "The Scooby Club":

TS

That is one of my all time favorite cartoon episodes. It's also available in Season one of Scooby Doo, Where are you? They even made plastic action figures with the witch doctor and a removeable mask

i had to buy it...lol

you meddling kids...!

V

I gotta say, as a wee keiki growing up in Hawaii I remember watching that episode and thinking "man - what part of Hawaii are they at?" - so weird to see my home state viewed thru mainland eyes!

VanTiki

T

Awesome pics! I especially like the Pineapple Parlor. Looks like a happenin' joint. I haven't seen that episode. Don't tell me -- is the scary monster actually just a man wearing a costume?!?!

T

On 2006-06-02 10:39, Tom Slick wrote:
That is one of my all time favorite cartoon episodes. It's also available in Season one of Scooby Doo, Where are you? They even made plastic action figures with the witch doctor and a removeable mask
i had to buy it...lol

That's SO FUNNY! Amazing! I'll bet that action figure is worth a few bucks.

Here's the unveiling frame:

I tell ya, I'd have gotten away with it if it wasn't for them meddlin' kids.

C

Those are some excellent stills!
Ranks Raggy,

Chongolio Doo

I always knew that Velma was the coolest of the Scooby gang

Although Shaggy seems fond of the tiki bar as well:

But wait....

Is that really Shaggy?

Or is it.....

Chongolio! :down:

[ Edited by: Sabu The Coconut Boy 2006-06-02 22:34 ]

sabu i am setting up an altar to you as we speak.

T

Velma's a partier, that's for sure!

She's the only one hangin' out drinkin' inside the Pineapple Parlor...!

And then, what's she (The other chick) thinkin' about?

[ Edited by: tikigap 2006-06-03 23:03 ]

MT

On 2006-06-02 22:01, Sabu The Coconut Boy wrote:
But wait....

Is that really Shaggy?

Or is it.....

Chongolio! :down:

[ Edited by: Sabu The Coconut Boy 2006-06-02 22:34 ]

I've seen him throw down some Scooby snacks. And come to think of it, he and I drove down to Tiki Oasis in the Mystery Machine!!! And we did run into some scary villains in Rialto! Zoinks!!!

"It's Mai Tai. It's out of this world." - Victor Jules Bergeron Jr.

[ Edited by: Mai Tai 2006-06-05 18:24 ]

C

Well, the fact of the matter is when I pull off my rubber mask I am actually Mr. T. and I pity the fool who talks foolish jibba jabba about Chongolio.

Mr.T a.k.a Shaggy a.k.a Chongolio

P.S. Like Mary Jane is my favorite name!

Lost-Isle
Coconut Wired Podcast
Barefoot bloggin'

U

I am actually blessed. my wife got my all the Scooby Tiki Figures thast we know of. There is 4 total that I have. They include Shaggy, Scooby, THe WitchDoctor and the Tiki Hut.

T

Hey! I just downloaded this off the net a few days ago, apparently ripped from the Cartoon Network. Turns out it was a bad rip and the sound was out of sync by around three seconds, which actually made it a hell of a lot funnier. Accidentally getting drunk at the same time didn't hurt the hilarity, either.

H

:up: Hanford & Humuhumu as Hanna-Barbera teens

We went to a Scooby Doo-themed birthday party this weekend that had a few tiki touches. It all went down at an old amusement park, where people were being scared by a sea monster: there were suspicious characters (including two ghosts that were revealed to be our own Futura Girl & C.B. Howlie!), clues & investigating, a chase scene, and finally a very dramatic unveiling of who the culprit was behind the terrible sea monster! It was pretty fantastic, I just wrote up all the details in an entry on my blog:

http://blog.humuhumu.com

And here's pictures from the event (read the blog entry first for the full story):

http://photo.humuhumu.com/v/chriscartooncaper/

Zoinks!

I

Wow, that sounds like a great party. Being a big fan of bubblegum music, Saturday morning cartoon rock, and old amusement parks, it sounds like all of the elements were there for a very fun time.

Vern

T

Yeah! I wish I could have seen that and been there. My wife said that "it sounds like my kinda party!"... I read your blob Humuhumu - it really must have been cool!
Yes, I said "cool" again. Great way to kill a thread!

[ Edited by: tikigap 2006-07-09 15:24 ]

The Tiki Hut from A Tiki Scare is No Fair is having a nice cameo in the new show, Scooby Doo Mystery Inc on Cartoon Network. The show itself is great fun, giving the characters some actual depth and with a lot of pop-cultural references. And the Tiki Hut is having a grand reopening in the episode The Wild Brood - a monster version of Brando´s The Wild One.

Enjoy these screen grabs:

TS

Wow...Cannot believe most of the photos are dead, including mine! I will edit and re-up the photo that was there. Anyhow, I unburied one of the greatest tiki cartoons of all time, because I decided to finally be my favorite Scooby Villain this year. Everything was custom made and although the mask is currently a bit oversized, it is to be trimmed down and painted, after this Halloween.

[ Edited by: Tom Slick 2012-10-30 19:24 ]

Pages: 1 20 replies