Welcome to the Tiki Central 2.0 Beta. Read the announcement
Celebrating classic and modern Polynesian Pop

Beyond Tiki, Bilge, and Test / Bilge / The horror that is the Beatles!!

Post #558456 by tiki mick on Thu, Oct 7, 2010 8:35 PM

You are viewing a single post. Click here to view the post in context.
TM

It's not parallel at all. One cancelled out the other. Since this forum is mainly about mid century poly pop, I am always amazed at the amount of people on this forum who seem to come from a different, more hippy hawaiian version of tiki. Not me. I just wish people would stop resserecting this thread. When I first wrote it, I incorrectly assumed a majority of people on this forum liked music associated more with lounge culture then with pop/rock music. I was wrong. There are only a handful of us. Lets just leave it at that. Mid century Tiki died in the 60's. The Tiki revival of the 90's is either dying or being dilluted so much that it no longer has any connection to the original other then people collecting mugs. Hippy, Buffet, surf anf Punk are what it seems the majority of people on this forum are into. Why don't you Beatles/Hippy defenders just start your own threads about how The Beatles are Tiki, or why you love their mundane and souless songs so much.....I promise I won't post on it. I would rather leave this thread for those that prefer Dean Martin or Sinatra, Esquivel or Martin Denny....or just let it sleep.