Welcome to the Tiki Central 2.0 Beta. Read the announcement
Celebrating classic and modern Polynesian Pop

Tiki Central / Tiki Travel / Savage Renewal - San Diego Tiki Aptartment Tour

Post #229799 by hodadhank on Mon, May 1, 2006 1:59 PM

You are viewing a single post. Click here to view the post in context.
H

Awesome! Great arial photos! Don't forget Point Loma Villas Condominiums.... Insert arial photo here__________________

On 2006-02-08 07:55, hodadhank wrote:
Mahalo Zulu!

I wonder if you or any other SoCalites or my San Diego 'Ohana know anything about the history of Point Loma Villas Condominiums at 4444 W Point Loma Blvd?

It's a pretty large vintage complex just north of Nimitz Blvd. Its Nine Large A-frames can be seen above the it's palm lined parking area. As you drive in the main entrance there's a small planter with dock-type vertical wood pilings topped by what appear to be old rusty gas torches. Just beyond that is an A-framed main lodge with heavily carved door. Through a window a googie amoeba shaped pool and Polynesian trellis are visible out back (access form the sides is blocked by locked gates, dammit). No doubt it was merely an apt complex back on the day. I promise I'll go back with a camera.

...As I walked around the exterior of the A frame fortress my nostrils begin to twitch, there's something in the air, something from the murky past, yes, I am certain there were Tikis here!

On 2006-03-03 07:09, hodadhank wrote:

On 2006-02-08 07:55, hodadhank wrote:

... Point Loma Villas Condominiums at 4444 W Point Loma Blvd
...Through a window a googie amoeba shaped pool and Polynesian trellis are visible out back...

Eureka! A vintage photo of the locked pool area!!!

http://www.tikiroom.net/gallery/album03/afm?full=1

[ Edited by: hodadhank 2006-05-01 14:00 ]