Welcome to the Tiki Central 2.0 Beta. Read the announcement
Celebrating classic and modern Polynesian Pop

Tiki Central / General Tiki

PUKA BAR opens tomorrow!!!!

Pages: 1 13 replies

MP

Hey folks, the newest tiki spot in long beach "PUKA BAR" is opening tomorrow night!!! Come on down and check us out. you can visit the website for directions at PUKABAR.com The address is 710 w. willow st. just east of the 710 freeway. 562 - 997 - 6896.

I'll try to swing by.

Jeff(bigtikidude)

T

I too, shall try to make it. Maybe the Mrs. will come, too.

D

hey Mr Puka.. post in Locating Tiki..and add some pictures for those of us so far far away!

good luck in your new adventure!

K

So it's open today, Monday? It looks like theres a grand opening set for later this month, is that correct? We're excited about checking it out, just want to make sure its a go before we go.

Lady V and I just got back from the Puka Bar. What a great place with, plenty of room for more tikis. We even ran into The Sperm Whale and Whale Rider. I got myself a new hangout.

Hey we actually think the Puka Bar is pretty cool. It has a great atmosphere and a cool vibe. I expect good things from this place. We need to give this new bar a warm TC welcome!!!
Later,
Spermy
P.S. It was really cool to see Johnny and Robin (The Velour's) there!!!

Here are some pic's:

[ Edited by: The Sperm Whale 2006-02-07 10:59 ]

TB

Damn, this is what happens when im away from TC to long, didnt even know it was open, Utopiandreem & I will have to go to the PUka BAr on thursday to check it out.

TBird.

H

Wow, that looks great! Thanks for posting the pictures!

Damn Bummed I didn't make it out, I ran outta steam and crashed early. But I will be by sometime.

When should we plan a TC event/night there????

Jeff(bigtikidude)

H

Congrats Mr Puka! I'll stop by next time I'm up north! What's your signature drink?

T

I think I'm going to try and stop by on Friday. I didn't make it up there earlier this week, and as long as I'm feeling better (been sick), I'm having a Mai Tai!

D
dj posted on Sat, Feb 11, 2006 10:02 AM

the place is GREAT!
I’m kickin’ off the opening of the PUKA BAR with my 4th Annual ORiental Valentine Party TONIGHT (Sat, 11th)!!
The Tiki bar has a Large venue “hidden” through an archway that’s usually not open to the public, yet. Byron and Larry have been generous to let us use it again.
We’ve decorated it into an Opium Den-like atmosphere.
All you have to do is Bring an Asian dish (potluck), Dress in Oriental attire, and a few $ for the Band (Mark Torch (of Hollywood Combo) & friends).
The capacity is only 120 and, as of today, we’ve got 82 confirmed responses, so come on down, quickly!

Mahalo for the photos, Sperm Whale!

Pages: 1 13 replies