Welcome to the Tiki Central 2.0 Beta. Read the announcement
Celebrating classic and modern Polynesian Pop

Tiki Central / Collecting Tiki / KAHIKI Columbus, ohio tiki bar restaurant. Lee Henry, The catalog

Post #213985 by bigbrotiki on Sat, Feb 11, 2006 4:07 AM

You are viewing a single post. Click here to view the post in context.

On 2006-02-10 09:16, tikiskip wrote:
Heres Arthur godfrey with a lovely wahine. But wait.. why is her face blocked out? Rumor is they had a fling. So her face was blocked out by hand, by our own umeone. bill sapps daughter.

Luckily you can still see her in that photo in the BOT,(and in a bigger reproduction of it on page 32 of TIKI STYLE), in the "People you are apt to meet at the Kahiki" ad, which I always LOVED. It was used as a newspaper insert, and the original photo display hung in the entrance of the restaurant. I always thought she looked like Annette Funnicello.
It is also the only real source of photos of that rare Mai Kai imitiation straw-thru-the-mouth Ku Tiki bowl, which can be seen in the photos of Milton Berle above, Andy Williams, and Gig Young, and I only saw once in Lee Henry's/Bill Sapp's upstairs offices (behind the big Moai fireplace). Any info on how many of those were made? I suspect only a few samples, which were used for the photos.