Welcome to the Tiki Central 2.0 Beta. Read the announcement
Celebrating classic and modern Polynesian Pop

Tiki Central / California Events

Kona Club 12/ 17-05 !!!!

Pages: 1 27 replies

Just got the news that the Kona Club, the Bay Areas newest classic old Hawaiian Style Tiki Bar, will be opening it's doors to the public this Sat. 12/17-05.

(I'll know more about time , etc. tomorrow.)

Yee haw!!!

Be there or be square!!!

M

I can't make it Saturday, but I will be there the next Thursday; http://www.tikicentral.com/viewtopic.php?topic=17652&forum=4&start=last&0

I'm going to try to make this.

WANNA KONNA NOWAA!

Kona Sutra!

Awww Crap! I cant make Saturday! I spaced the dates, I will be in L.A. for the Lucky Tiki Art Show this weekend.

sonofabeotch,
Chongolio, Space Captain

*** Update ***

Opening up Tonight !!! If anyone is in the area. 12/15 from 6ish to ???

Saturday's 12/17 Grand Opening to the Public, will have the same dance troupe http://www.mahea.com that was there last night and who blessed the Kona Club hardcore Hawaiian Style!! (More to come on that blessing). I believe the doors open at 6-ish.

Gonna be a PARTAY!!!

[ Edited by: RevBambooBen 2005-12-15 21:28 ]

Pre- Ohana party and Blessing of the Kona Club on 12/14. It was really crowded with tons of Cousins, Aunties, Uncles and Kikis, so we kinda hung out at the bar most of the eve.

The CHEIF( aka Doug-e Doug). The Cheif had maybe 4 hrs of sleep in the last few days. He did pretty damn good! ( his shaka was a little tierd)

Only the strong survive!!! ( can't believe I even focused this pic!!) ( oh the shock and horror!! Hanford is drinking Beeeeer! Oooooooooooo! Yuckie!!!I'm telling. That's NOT TIKI !!!) Late at night. (H&H? Any idea what time we were there to??.)

Even later.... Mrs. Bamboo holding up the Tiki Karma that was left in the air!! How does she look so hot after all that Jagger- Miester!!??? My camera was blessed last night.

H

How long were we there to? Heck, I think I still might be there!

See you all tonight!

CA

how am i supposed to get anything done with all this tavelin'??... see ya tonight!

S

Wow, that Mrs. Boo is hot, and the bar is okay too!

I absolutely love the front of the bar with the large bamboo on it. That's really incredible.

Just talked to Wes from House o Tiki and he is there with a truck load of tikis. Doug got the "big one!" A 10' high by 3' wide Tonga carved tiki mask!!!! Holly Crap!! Thats a big ass mask!!

Like I said, more to come.

We'll see youz all real soon. Jet Blue Rocks!!

Partay!!

Did you guys keep the little Boo's there all night?? I was very sad that baby pineapple was being so fussy, I really wanted to stay and at least have some of the food. The Hula looked amazing, baby wasn't too into the loud drums and clapping. Hope you guys had a great time last night, the weather outside was frightful and the fire inside delightful, and even though we had places to go, we stayed home. Thanks for inviting us, and it was so great to see the whole Boo family!

mrs. p

H

It got packed last night -- luckily we got there early enough to also get some photos with the place fairly empty. I didn't have a tripod, so pardon the blurriness of some of the photos:

http://photo.humuhumu.com/v/konaclubgrand/

:up: The hula girl's hips are blurry because they're moving

:up: Some velvets from Doug's collection -- the second one in particular is striking -- it's got to be a challenge to do a monochromatic velvet

:up: That looks like beer, but it's not -- it's rum purchased in six-pack form. Doug had a good night.

:up: Otto, Mai Tai, Crazy Al, Mrs. Mai Tai, and Will the Thrill

:up: Ben also was feeling no pain

:up: Hanford & me

Another fun night at the Kona Club! They're still finalizing the tropical drink menu, so go easy on the bartenders -- they're eager to try mixing something for you if you can tell the them ingredients, which is a great sign.

I have solved the mystery of 5507 (a.k.a. the Kona Club Build-Out Theme Song)! It's a 1972 song called "Jungle Fever" from a band called Chakachas. It's available on number of compilation CDs, including the "Funk Box" set used in the jukebox. It's also on the Boogie Nights soundtrack, which is probably the cheapest/easiest way to get it. There's also a Barcelona-based label that recently put out Chakachas songs on compilation discs, but they're available on vinyl only -- from the sound files I was able to find, those would be great to get a hold of, but I don't think it would be straightforward (online stores appeared to be sold out). The jukebox CDs are getting moved around a lot right now, last night, Jungle Fever was in 0307.

T

A fun night at the beautiful Kona Club!

B

Just posting this here also just in case.... I am sooo depressed!

HELP! Baby photos lost forever!

Otto was at the Kona Club on Saturday December 17th from about 10 pm to 1 am at some point between 11 pm and 12:30 our digital camera was misplaced along with a tan VooDoo Rum baseball cap, and a 128 MB card for our camera (may have been a 512 MB disc).

The cap and the camera were on the bar when he last saw them and the card was in a camera bag on the bar. He found the bag on the floor without the card.

The two discs contained ALL of the photos of our newborn baby! These are the ONLY photos we have of the first month of his life!

We are offering a REWARD for the return of the 2 discs!! Please help.

Our camera is a silver digital Canon that was banged up with a couple good sized dents on the body. The battery says 'von Stroheim' on it. Please send this e-mail to everyone you can think of that had been at the Kona Club that night.

If found please send to:
743 Haight Ave
Alameda CA 94501

Or call:
415-335-1624
or
510-865-2113

We are crossing our fingers that someone grabbed our camera by accident and is trying to figure out who it belongs to. We thank you all for your help.

CA

what a crappy end to a great night!!
hope the tiki magic happens and camera shows up....

this place was lit so well! what a difference form when i last saw it last....great job Doug and Ben, the place looked increadable....

thanks for coming out folks... hope this becomes a habit to hit this place coming in and out of town! see you there next time......

Otto,

I might raise hell and shoot you with my nail gun once in a while but I'd never steal anyones shit! That's just Bad Karma ( look at some of my past posts here on TC!). Hope it turns up for yous. I think they found your hat in the bathroom. A police report will only help you if it shows up at the police station. (Highly unlikely)

In the future, for any-one, any-where, I'd say, buy some rope and tie your stuff to you when you go out drinking. Could be a new fad.

( how does one trade mark fads??)

p.s.

"Everything is better with the Meditating Jab!!!"

.....and of course, Chris Angel aka Hanford LeMoore trying to push the walls over........

(....more pics to come but I be too tierd tonight.)

Youz all missed a great partay!!!

Crazy Al enjoys the fruits of labor

Doug the Cheif enjoying his fuits of labor

( I gave this bottle to him as a parting gift to put up on the collectables shelf. It's Cockspur 5 star and come in 12oz. bottles in six pack form in Barbdos. He looked at me and said, I'm not much one to have un-opened bottles of rum laying around. Then he popped it open chugged a 3rd (washing away all the stress he just went trhough opening up his new bar). This is when the partay officialy started!!

Wes ( House of Tiki) enjoying My fruit of labor. ( or my love for life, Mrs. Bamboo)

HumuHumu enjoying My fruit of labor or My love for life, Mrs. Bamboo

Hot Pants and Dancin' Shoes!!

The King and Queen enjoying http://www.mahea.com

http://www.mahea.com

Crazy Al enjoying a little after show dance with one of the dancers

...and finaly, me getting my positive vibration batteries re-charged via Mahea.

Amother awesome night at the Kona Club.

Please post a picture of Mrs. Boo's pants!

Glad everyone had fun Saturday, we were bummed to miss it. Hope Otto and Doe find their pictures!

the pineapples

On 2005-12-19 11:18, mrs. pineapple wrote:
Please post a picture of Mrs. Boo's pants!

the pineapples

...ask and you shall achieve!!

Mrs. Hot Pink Boo!!!

p.s. Now taking orders for "Custom Hand Painted Bamboo Ben Rock n Roll Funked Out Hot Pants!!" Any color almost avail. http://www.BambooBen.com ( wait till you see what we have on for Hukilau 06!!!)

Hey! There might be some changes to the website before the thaw of this year!!! Stay tuned to your Boo Channel........

p.s. might have pants soon made out of Bamboo! Whoa!!

B

"p.s. might have pants soon made out of Bamboo! Whoa!! "
Well that would be an old Stick in the pants...

MT

Everyone has been getting on to me about not posting my pics yet. Sorry for the delay, here are some highlights from opening night.

As an added bonus, here's some pics from later that night at the Guadalajara restaurant in Oakland. Look past Humu and The Jab, to see the transvestite prostitutes in the background.

That ain't no woman, it's a man, man...

T

Ben, Humuhumu, and I look trashed!

On 2005-12-22 14:15, thejab wrote:
Ben, Humuhumu, and I look trashed!

Me trashed? No way. I was just sad that my friends from Pixar couldn't make it. They had to go to some art show in NY. See below :)

http://www.moma.org/exhibitions/2005/pixar.html

Maybe next time.

H

Nah, Saturday I was sober -- it was my turn to drive. By the time we got to the Mexican place, though, I was pooped.

damn, Wes and Ben look like a couple baboons looking for ticks. I thought I was going to see a red ass. hmmm, maybe that transy.

Pages: 1 27 replies