Welcome to the Tiki Central 2.0 Beta. Read the announcement
Celebrating classic and modern Polynesian Pop

Tiki Central / General Tiki

Tiki Bar TV - latest episode

Pages: 1 2 73 replies

W

The Checker Challenge - awesome video as usual - and it looks like a great drinking game to boot!

http://tikibartv.blogspot.com/

R

There's another episode, #8, up now... "London Fogcutter"! I love this program, it's very fun and pretty damn well-done! I WANT MY TIKI BAR TV! (hm, too wordy a slogan)

cheers,
Rupe

I just watched all the episodes . This is one of the funniest things I have ever seen.
Pure genius.

[ Edited by: rodeotiki 2005-08-23 14:47 ]

I've been an addict and huge fan since this thread pointed me in that direction.

Absolutely hilarious! They understand!!!!

If only it could be weekly.

It's easily accessed through ITunes now too!

All the episodes are good, but this last one (London Fogcutter) is damn hilarious!

[ Edited by: Slacks Ferret 2005-09-01 08:39 ]

FA

Ok just came across this when doing a tiki search through itunes on podcasting. Awesome stuff! And LaLa is such a HONEY!

I have to admit I was laughing my ass off last night after downloading and watching these.

Looks like they're in Vancouver, we'll have to get them out for the next Waldorf event!

PLT

I love the series too! Dr. Tiki has been known to shop at Funhauser! :)

H

Doctor Tiki is on MySpace, too:

http://www.myspace.com/footmonkey

So, Tiki Bar TV is filmed "on location" somewhere in Vancouver. I thought I'd noticed some local references -- the 604 area code, the streetwalker shot outside the Penthouse, and so on.

M
mig posted on Mon, Oct 17, 2005 10:11 AM

Okay, so I know I'm just drastically behind the times, but it looks like this series is the top podcast listed on itunes right now. Pretty cool!

-mig

W

TWO MONTHS without an episode.....

maddening!

Yeah, I'm going nuts watching the old ones over and over again.

#1 in the ITunes chart is cool!

I hope all this added attention with the IPod and ITunes gets them producing at least one a month.

W

ha ha ha that was great!
what production value!
must go back and check them all out.

K

The new episode is available....RED OKTOBER

Another entertaining episode! This was the highlight of an otherwise "bad day" I had today. Long live Tiki Bar TV!!!

New episode is great. I wish the came out sooner, the wait is agonizing.

!DUMB QUESTION ALERT!

I should know this, but . . What's the tune they play as the intro to the eariler episodes??

I think It's "Voodoo Dreams" from Hypnotique by Martin Denny

F
foamy posted on Sat, Nov 5, 2005 5:46 AM

I was looking through the Podcasts on iTunes this morning and came across Tiki Bar TV. Downloaded a few episodes. It's silly, irreverent and for me anyway, fun! Who's doing this? They mentioned Tiki Central as the "source" in one. They give a drink recipe in each episode to fix whatever ails ya.

Has this been brought up before? I didn't find it doing a search, but then again, I didn't look too hard.

Think I'll go stir up a Suffering Bastard and watch 'em again. It can only get better. Maybe one of the gals will "pop" up.

http://www.tikicentral.com/viewtopic.php?topic=15353&forum=1&19

It's on this first page of General Tiki still (sometimes I can't find stuff when I try either)
F

Topics merged.

Thanks to the advent of iPod video, I downloaded all the episodes onto DVD and played it all weekend long at Conga Lounge...to rave reviews from our customers, by the way.

TT

I want more---more tikitv please.

new episode this friday!

LOL U R n00b

T

The show is Awsome! it is funny and great. I hope you all can check it out.

TT

Maybe the gretest episode of all t.v. entertainment history.

W

Loved it! Lots of LaLa!

K

Wow!! Episode 10 is already out! DRINKBOT

F

Uh, everyone knows that I've been wrong before. But. That blond on the "Drink Bot" episode—reminds me of a certain somebody who's likeness is well known here on TC. A veritable TC Celebrity. Is that so? Or am I wrong, yet again. Hope not. That gets old real quick.

R

Bonus footage is now available. Freaking hilarious!!!

K
Kono posted on Thu, Dec 1, 2005 4:36 PM

I've heard from various and sundry sources that installing I-Tunes on a PC can cause some problems. Anyone here have good, bad or unremarkable experiences with I-Tunes on a PC?? I want that episode 10A but I don't want to screw up anything.

On 2005-12-01 16:36, Kono wrote:
I've heard from various and sundry sources that installing I-Tunes on a PC can cause some problems. Anyone here have good, bad or unremarkable experiences with I-Tunes on a PC?? I want that episode 10A but I don't want to screw up anything.

I have iTunes on my seldom-used, failry-new Toshiba laptop running XP Home with no problems. I guess it all depends on your system/OS etc.

T

That last one, Drink Bot, was the best yet. Seemed nice and long and good Lala, amount and clothes. Tomorrow, after a long drought, I am making a Love in the South Pacific. How does it taste on the TC drink-O-meter??

K

I've heard from various and sundry sources that installing I-Tunes on a PC can cause some problems. Anyone here have good, bad or unremarkable experiences with I-Tunes on a PC?? I want that episode 10A but I don't want to screw up anything

I've heard stories like that too. I can tell you I have iTunes up all day every day listening to podcasts and using my iPod and I have no problems.

W

On 2005-12-01 16:36, Kono wrote:

I have iTunes on my work PC (ssshhhhhh!) and my home PC which is an older eMachines (566mhz) running XP Home - works fantastically on both. As a matter of fact, now that I think about it - I don't think it's ever crashed, and it has never caused problems. I'm beginning to use it more and more for both podcasts, music, jukebox and internet radio functions....

and downloading TikiBarTV, of course!

K

Episode 11: VOLCANO

T

I didn't see it on the first page link but got it with the Tikicentral link for it. I think, its their smartest one yet. And its the first time that I saw a volcano bowl in use. Although, the last episode is still one of the best.

Interesting episode. New characters arrived in the Tiki Bar. What was being done with the front of Lala's skirt at the end? We also noticed Johnny Johnny's scenes seemed to have been added after the fact. He was always alone and not in the group shots. Maybe next weekend we'll try the Volcano drink.

R

Here's a segment of "Attack of the Show" on the G4 channel (formerly TechTV) with Dr. Tiki himself! More insight behind the creation of this delightful video podcast:
http://www.youtube.com/w/Attack-of-the-Show---Tikibartv?v=V2KkVHQ6BK0&search=tiki

Cheers,
Rupe

F

Almost everything I wanted to know. Keep'em com'in.

On 2006-01-20 12:22, rupe33 wrote:
Here's a segment of "Attack of the Show" on the G4 channel (formerly TechTV) with Dr. Tiki himself!

Hmmm...interesting how the Doc refers to his concept as "Forbidden cocktails in a swank pad" Just the type of cocktails that will be served at Forbidden Island...

[ Edited by: Conga Mike 2006-01-20 13:54 ]

Hey, new tiki bar tv episode is up.

Dumb as ever - genius.

On 2006-02-14 11:16, tikiracer wrote:

Dumb as ever - genius.
Help!!
I'm not seeing it!! Where?

episode 13 - skull and bones
got mine from itunes podcast subscription, but check out

http://tiki.libsyn.com/index.php?post_id=58409

On 2006-02-14 13:28, Formikahini wrote:

On 2006-02-14 11:16, tikiracer wrote:

Dumb as ever - genius.
Help!!
I'm not seeing it!! Where?

They have a new url

http://www.tikibartv.com/

Enjoy!

K

This is must see tv if I've ever seen it. Is there a thread on here that has tiki clips other than this one?

Pages: 1 2 73 replies