Welcome to the Tiki Central 2.0 Beta. Read the announcement
Celebrating classic and modern Polynesian Pop

Tiki Central / General Tiki / The truth about Trader Vic's

Post #164930 by Pacific Andy on Fri, Jun 10, 2005 7:38 AM

You are viewing a single post. Click here to view the post in context.

The problem with the TV's is that the fee for the franchise is so far out there that it can only survive in a large area such as Las Vegas. The reason why it took 100 investors to open the SFO was because the numbers do not make sense. The TV company wants too much for the rights to the name and the percentage of the gross was very high each year. I personally think the TV in Beverly Hills has gone so far down hill that I have not been there for over a year. Terrible service and food to match. The only good thing was the MaiTai's - As far as Don the Beachcomber, the name is owned and is disputed between his last wife and some crazy guy in SFO. I think the one in Hawaii is done by the Wife and she may have the rights to just Hawaii. It will be a while before any will be seen on the Mainland. From what I remember there was a dispute between the wife and the crazy guy. A good friend of mine tried in vain a few years back to get the rights or permission to open a Don but it was a crazy road and ended with nothing.