Welcome to the Tiki Central 2.0 Beta. Read the announcement
Celebrating classic and modern Polynesian Pop

Tiki Central / General Tiki

Squidward

Pages: 1 19 replies

Why is it that Squidward is so grumpy when he lives in such a cool "House of Tiki"?

I wouldn't ask that question around here, your liable to get a response like "Squidward? Is he a character from that new fangled "Land of the Lost" TV show? In my day, we didn't have no Nickelodeon or fancy-shmancy cable TV! No sir, we watched Johnny Quest, the Banana Splits Show, and The Thunderbirds! Yes sir, we watched cartoons about Euro-Centric Imperialism, shows with grown men in animal costumes, and puppets with big heads and thick eyebrows! And we liked it that way!"

Seriously though, Squidward is just a dick. Literally. I mean, closest neighbors are a pair of nuts! (bu-dum-ching)

Goodnight everybody! I'll be here all week! Enjoy the buffet and don't forget to tip your waitress!

Tiki Rider Five-O wrote:

He secretly wants to live in a Pineapple Under the Sea, he has a crappy job, and there are no performance venues in Bikini Bottom to showcase his talents in interpretive dance and clarinet.

Squidward doesn't have a 'crappy' job he has a 'crabby' job!

Side note - I'm going to start taking lap steel guitar lessons from the guy (Gary) that lays down the lap steel tracks on the show.

wah, wah, wah,ah,ah,ah,ah,ah, (cheap vibrato effect)

B

WHOA BONG!...I'm envious. His sultry sounds have been burnin' up my cd player for months now. You do what he says and your "cheap vibrato effect" will someday bring great pleasure to all who succumb...hopefully. Good luck.

Who else besides The Blue Hawaiians are behind the music?

someone should build it ! we need some good googie roadside art I hear a lot of those old structures are being torn down I think it would be great to have a Giant Tiki in the middle of some middle class Burb !

He's grumpy because

He can't blow bubbles
He's the cashier at the Krusty Krab
He can't flip patties
He is a closet Krabby Patty lover
He's a horrible musician
No interpretive dance studios in Bikini Bottom
Hates reef blowers
Has no imagination
SpongeBob is a better artist
Doesn't have Gary
Thinks everyone is an idiot
Fears the hash Slinging Slasher (silly Nosferatu)

Please stop me

[ Edited by: Mano Tiki Tia on 2002-10-24 19:19 ]

this guys sounds like a dick like most of us here. or maybe like the gooch on different strokes.

squidward is a man after my own heart. i wish you geeks would shut up

Call me crazy but I'll bet ParrotHead is an existing member using an alias. Probably the same person who opened a profile named BuffetTiki trying to get a reaction out of everybody using all the same buzzwords as before. I'm guessing if Hanford looked up the IP address, he could confirm my theory.

*** * * The Polynesian Popster * * ***

[ Edited by: PolynesianPop on 2002-10-24 23:06 ]

[ Edited by: PolynesianPop 2013-02-04 22:58 ]

can it and just quit your whining. i am here to stay. and i am not buffetiki. that guys is a wuss, much like yourself. have a nice day.

M

Call me crazy but I'll bet ParrotHead is an existing member using an alias. theory.

Ok, you're crazy.

I was "BuffetTiki", just as I was the person that ratted out the copyright piracy on Ebay of the Tiki Gardens LP. Further, as I have stated before:

Second gunman on grassy knoll
Whacked Hoffa
Lindbergh's baby
D.B Cooper
Shot the sheriff, but not the deputy

All me. :o

midnite

ps Taboo Cove, it's even worse than I say.

**Poly-Pop ***

Bartender, make mine a glass of WATAHHH!!!!!

[ Edited by: PolynesianPop 2013-02-04 22:58 ]

My kid was watching Spongebob this afternoon and it turned out to be an amazing Squidward Tiki Land episode. I taped it and put it on You Tube.

This one has it all, singing Tikis, a Tiki boat, a Tiki Bar, Coconut mugs, a great song and a tragic ending.

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=Q7xzpZOIUGA

DC

M

Bummer, Viacom already pulled it. That was quick!

Squidward is the only character that is not on drugs.

I changed the name of the video and the link works again.

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=Q7xzpZOIUGA

DC

...so you thought! DC, I can envision you in a cartoony style downloading the clip faster and faster, while in split-screen some U-Tube censor is frantically filtering it out - both of you going faster and faster! :)

Dang, that would have been nice to watch for breakfast in Paris. I betcha I know who directed this one.

Well, it seems as though I am being done in by the Viacom censors. There are a couple of poor quality videos playing the Squidward Tiki Land song on you tube (don't know why mine is blacklisted and these are not?)

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=3QAtXtho9RE

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=x50ijVLtzVw

DC

probably your video was high enough quality that it matched a set of digital "fingerprints" they are on the lookout for. So if it makes you feel better likely no one turned you in.

Pages: 1 19 replies