Welcome to the Tiki Central 2.0 Beta. Read the announcement
Celebrating classic and modern Polynesian Pop

Tiki Central / General Tiki

tiki wedding invitations

Pages: 1 11 replies

hey all, me and the wahine are tying the knot at the kona kai in chicago in september, and are currently looking to get some wedding invitations made with tikis on them, anyone know of anyone/anywhere who makes/has these??...all we've found thus far are ones with hula dancers or orchids on them, any info would be very appreciated.......also, were looking for someone who can legally perform a hawiian wedding ceremony (the barefoot hawaiians who will be performing dont have anyone ).......mahalo for any help......

[ Edited by: hala bullhiki on 2005-03-10 18:14 ]

D

congrats!!

here's a good site with invites and great hawaiian themed favors and centerpieces
http://hawaiianweddingshop.com/

also found this with a google search:

invites

HT

Go to any number of graphic desingers or artists on TC and you can get them made. Do you want the text to be embossed? If not, you can get them made anywhere.

cOol idea, I've been working on some Luau invitations for Oasis, but never thought of Weddings! How about carved Tiki Groom and Bride on the cake, and the same Mr. and Mrs. Tiki on the cover of the invitation, matchbooks, shot glasses, cocktail napkins! Center piece Tikis... carved of coarse! Well, maybe not? See if my work fits your desire, if not, check out all the other great designer/artists in creating.

tony , my wahine and i bought one of your original paintings at hukilau( sorry we never sent the pic...opps)!!.......i'd LOVE to work with you on this....lemme talk to my gal, and get back with you....mahalo

Check out Shag's stationery, available in the finer gift shops in the gay part of your town. They are almost the exact same size as a formal wedding announcement/invitation. Set your printer to the superfine mode and run them through. If I were doing my wedding over again, I'd use these in a heartbeat.

satans sin, im sure thats an option , but gettin tiki tony involved sounds amazing to me.....

Hey,
After the weddding I will post pics of the ones I made for our wedding. Also, contact Purple Jade, I bet she would make some beautiful wedding invitations.
TT

PI

My fiancee is designing ours. We haven't set a definite date, but it's going to be at the Mai Kai :wink:

N
nuKKe posted on Tue, Mar 15, 2005 6:24 AM

First, congratulations!
Second, another option, cheaper yet time-consuming, is to handmake your own, using tiki rubberstamps. I wouldn't do it for a big-scale wedding, though.

hala bullhiki, I thought your name sounded familiar! Looks like I'll see you in July at Exotica, if your going. Just drop me an email if you want any artwork!

tony, we'll be emailin you soon about some art for the invitations, and look forward to seein you at exotica in july!!!....mahalo to everyone who has offered suggestions......

Pages: 1 11 replies