Welcome to the Tiki Central 2.0 Beta. Read the announcement
Celebrating classic and modern Polynesian Pop

Tiki Central / General Tiki

The Rincon Room Is Closing-Your Input Needed

Pages: 1 18 replies

B

Darn, didn't even make it one year. But circumstances......

This may be a little premature as we are in escrow on our house, but are not yet through contingencies.

We are thinking about having a party before we move, but. we want to see if anyone would be interested in coming before we put this in Tiki Events.

The only Saturday we would be able to do this before close of escrow would be April 9th, just one week after the SF Crawl.

We would start early ( and weather permitting, have the pool a toasty temperature), and finish late to accomodate as many TCers as possible. maybe even a Friday Night trip to the Hong Kong Inn for Polynesian revue and out of town overnighters. We have plenty of room and may need prep help in the morning.

Would also like volunteers to help prep food and barbeque, and guest bartend. Luau potluck?

Please let us know if you would like us to have the party and can attend.

Mahalo
Ron & Mickee

Ron, I'm truly saddened that you are selling that wonderful Eichler of yours. I think one last hurrah is a great way to go out - with a bang that is! I'm certainly game and will be happy to help out in any way I can.

DZ

Yikes - one last party?? I suppose this news is a mixed blessing (good for you, not so good for the rest of us). Your home is just fantastic, and the Rincon Room itself is jam-packed with some amazing stuff; both will surely be missed and we'd definitely be there for a final send-off, 'toasty' pool weather or not!

I would really like to go. But not sure if I can at this point. It wouldn't be a very long drive actually. 4 hrs. maybe?, surely I will find another excuse to get down there.

TB

On 2005-03-01 21:24, PolynesianPop wrote:
Ron, I'm truly saddened that you are selling that wonderful Eichler of yours. I think one last hurrah is a great way to go out - with a bang that is! I'm certainly game and will be happy to help out in any way I can.

Utopiandreem & i second that!

TBird.

T

I about closed up shop when I heard the news on Sunday. Sadened, but happy because you'll be moving closer to me, and you'll have a bigger backyard, for a 40 foot tall pitched A-frame hut.!!! I'm free, and would love to help out, I'm sure Alene too. I've already got the "print" in the works.. well, in my mind, available at the closing for a limited run. I'll also have the Opening to the rincon room for anybodies who wants one.

I'd like to go. I hear your gatherings are not to be missed. so I'll try not to.

N

Ron,

I'd like to go. I was hoping to feature the Rincon Room in Tiki Magazine. We'll just have to feature your new place, right?

Nick

Gosh! 1st we lose Martin and now the Rincon Room. Count me in for anything you need, Mean B-B-Qer, Heck, I'll wash dishes! I'm here in T.O. email me if you want some help before hand and count Mrs. Bob and I in!!! Dang, I'm bummed! But a party will help!

RR

If you don't mind reforming lurkers, I would love to come help out..

Thanks .......I think we will have some kind of shindig. Reformed lurkers welcome. I will know the details by next week and will post in Tiki Events. So far the date still won't change........we need to cheer Mrs. Fury up!

You put so much work into that house! Why sell? I must have missed the posts on this.... I would love to come to your party! I will keep the date marked and do my best to try and make it (these days I work like a dog as a appraiser trainee so it is not always predictable what time I will have off!). If I can make it, I will be happy to help with bringing food or whatever else. Your Eichler is so beautiful - I hope where-ever it is you are going is just as comparable.

I can almost smell the fun brewing! I'm hoping to have a handful of LED lighted eye Tiki necklaces on hand! Unfortunatelly, no carving this time, Chikitiki and I didn't get to enjoy the party last time.

Here's the events page: http://www.tikicentral.com/viewtopic.php?topic=13683&forum=4&2

TC page Or TiKi tOny.cOm or my clothing line adrift

[ Edited by: tikitony on 2005-03-14 23:43 ]

On 2005-03-13 22:02, tikitony wrote:
I'm hoping to have a handful of LED lighted eye Tiki necklaces on hand!

Put me down for one of those. I'll even Paypal you a deposit if required!

Me too! I want to buy a light-up, pendant. Can I, huh can I?

Utopiandreem & I will see you there on the 9th. We'll pm ya 2night on what dish to bring.

TBird.

I guess TikiTony makes it official. See Events......

I'll be there, too.

April 9th - sounds good to me. See you then.

Aloha!!

Pages: 1 18 replies