Welcome to the Tiki Central 2.0 Beta. Read the announcement
Celebrating classic and modern Polynesian Pop

Tiki Central / Collecting Tiki / Tiki Finds

Post #463128 by dewey-surf on Fri, Jun 19, 2009 8:17 PM

You are viewing a single post. Click here to view the post in context.

Ha, no unfortunately it is not an original tile. My wife is obsessed with Atomic Starburst. So, to sate your appetites I will post a couple pictures of her vintage china collection. She has a cabinet full of the stuff. My wife and I are into all sorts of atomic age, vintage Florida kitsch, and old surfing stuff, as well as tiki. It seems odd trying to blend it all, but she has a great eye, and it seems to work. Please note the tiki mugs in picture one are recent additions, one is from Goodwill, the others are new, waiting for Fathers Day libations. Going to barbeque and make some Voo Doo Juice for my dad.

And yes, I have been up and down Central Ave, in St. Pete. There is a great booth at one of the antique shops. Lots of furniture, a few decent mugs (a bit overpriced imho), and some various Hawiiana, and Florida kitsch.

My wife is laughing at me because my Tiki find didn't get his props. Please forgive me if these pictures stray from Tiki finds, I don't want this going into an Atomic Kitchen discussion. BACK TO TIKI!!!