Welcome to the Tiki Central 2.0 Beta. Read the announcement
Celebrating classic and modern Polynesian Pop

Tiki Central / Collecting Tiki / Tiki Finds

Post #244543 by Sabu The Coconut Boy on Sat, Jul 22, 2006 11:49 PM

You are viewing a single post. Click here to view the post in context.

Nice score on that Witco!

Today I did a little garage-saling. I should preface the following find by first telling you that I am a huge fan of local Los Angeles Exotica legend, Korla Pandit. Over the years, the garage sales have been kind to me and I've amassed a small collection of about eight of his albums, including some of the nicer covers. My luck continued today. While looking through a milk-crate full of albums among piles of old tools and car parts at a junkyard of a house, I found the following Korla Pandit lp:

Not one of the greater covers, but one that I don't have yet. The next record in the box was this one:

:up: A private pressing of Korla's from 1965. Nice that it was signed as well, although this isn't very uncommon. Mr. Pandit seemed to sign a lot of albums. The vinyl of both albums was in minty condition.

But the best was yet to come. Inside the jacket of the second lp, was this nifty signed 8x10 glossy :down:

Plus - This great signed order-form for his upcoming Christmas lp :down:

AND - This brochure from 1970 promoting a Korla Pandit concert at SEARS of all places! :down:

Suddenly my Korla Pandit collection has an air of respectability! And the fact I only paid 50 cents for all of it ain't bad either.

Sabu

[ Edited by: Sabu The Coconut Boy 2006-07-22 23:55 ]