Welcome to the Tiki Central 2.0 Beta. Read the announcement
Celebrating classic and modern Polynesian Pop

Tiki Central / Other Crafts

ladies of tiki swap - IMPORTANT NOTE - pg.9!

Pages: 1 2 3 4 173 replies

Z

I was thinking that a new art swap sounds like fun - And so here we GO
Work to be finished by August 5th
(to give lots of time for the Oasis)
Drawing will be done August 7th by Mrs. ZeroTiki (in the interests of impartiality - my name is in too...)
**LETS GET THE PIECES IN THE MAIL ASAP AFTER THE DRAW...BY THE 12TH, SO TO GIVE 'EM TIME TO MAKE IT TO THEIR NEW HOMES BEFORE THE OASIS.

THE LIST: (in no particular order)
*The amazing swapees are

WaikikianMoeKele ~ FINISHED

AlohaStation ~ FINISHED

Pikeys Dog ~ FINISHED

ZeroTiki ~ FINISHED (swapee may choose one of the four)

cy ~ FINISHED

danlovestikis ~ FINISHED

Bongo Bungalo ~ FINISHED

Tobor64 ~ FINISHED

artosaurus ~ FINISHED

TikiG ~ FINISHED

please make sure to get your piece in the post quickly!
REMEMBER - YOUR GIFT RECIPIENT MAY NOT BE YOUR GIFT GIVER!
:tiki: :drink: :tiki: :drink: :tiki: :drink: :tiki: :drink: :tiki: :drink: :tiki: :drink: :tiki:

ENJOY!

[ Edited by: ZeroTiki 2011-08-06 18:55 ]

Mmmm... what... birds was the last one... shrunken heads was it it the one before...

Z

Most recent in descending order (as I recall):

Birds of the Pacific Swap
http://www.tikicentral.com/viewtopic.php?topic=37034&forum=18&start=0&370

PNG theme Swap
http://www.tikicentral.com/viewtopic.php?mode=viewtopic&topic=32054&forum=18&start=0

Poly Pop Menu Cover Inspired Art Swap
http://www.tikicentral.com/viewtopic.php?mode=viewtopic&topic=33330&forum=18&start=0

Shrunken Heads and Headhunters Swap
http://www.tikicentral.com/viewtopic.php?topic=35479&forum=18&start=0

And, as I see 'em, the rules for arty-swappy:

• Each entry is only allowed to swap once - no doubles as of yet
  • Participants must make a original piece of art on the theme specificaly for the swap - nothing 'from the vault'.
  • The art can be anything you like (as long as it is original, no prints/moulded pendants etc), so it could be a painting, charcoal sketch, pastel art, a carving, a one off hand carved mug etc etc etc. Look at the links above to the previous swaps to get an appreciation of the variety of stuff you could make.
  • Some people get caught up in the excitement and make multiple pieces of art on the theme. Thats cool, just be clear if your swap partner is going to receive all of it or if they get a choice out of what you have made. And remember one swap partner per person.
  • Post your pics on this thread of the art you are making - to motivate everyone else to get involved!
  • Post pics of your completed piece by the due date!!!
  • All of the participants names will go into a hat, and be drawn out together. The list of swapping partners will be posted here. PM your swapping partner and exhange your postal details. Send your piece off and watch the mailbox like a hawk waiting for your art to arrive!
  • Note - there is a reasonable chance that your creation will be sent overseas! You are responsible for postal costs of the item you create, so dont enter a 6 foot carving unless you're prepared to cover postage! One participant in a previous swap got quoted an exorbient amount to post their piece with Fed Ex. By sending the same piece with US Postal Service, they saved themselves a huge amount of cash.

--Much of the rules above were established by his heweyness... solid information from an established swap maker.

Visit Zerotiki!

[[[((8-0))]]]
The Super Secret Sigil of The Electric Tiki Society(tm)

[ Edited by: ZeroTiki 2011-04-08 09:15 ]

L
Lente posted on Sun, Apr 3, 2011 10:42 AM

I'll join up.

T
TikiG posted on Sun, Apr 3, 2011 10:52 AM

Been waiting patiently for a new swap to be organized - I know we've all been really busy though so no hurry.

I'm joining regardless!

Z

possible themes:

Tiki surf-ari

Bob or Anti-Bob

Moai

Marquesan Goodness

Fires of Pele Burning tikis

--Other suggestions?

How about these?

Animal
Cannibal
Mixed Media
Mini/really small
Music
Skulls/bones
Life/Death

C
cy posted on Mon, Apr 4, 2011 8:39 AM

cy wants into this fracas. How bout musical tikis or motorcycle/scooter theme?

I can't resist a good swap. Just in case ZeroTiki I suggest you send Hewey a PM for approval. He may not read this thread and get an unpleasant surprise in the future. Either way I'm in for any subject matter chosen even if it's topless hula girls! Wendy

G
GROG posted on Mon, Apr 4, 2011 6:46 PM

Oooo! GROG vote for topless hula girls! Right on, Wendy!

Z

Good idea. I will do that, Wendy

BB

How about Ship Wrecks?

That sounds fun and would be fun to watch everyone do their thing.

K

Tangaroa.

Z

I'm going to hold off until hewey sends some sort of OK... but let's keep kicking the ball around, theme- wise.

M
mp posted on Tue, Apr 5, 2011 9:38 PM

Hey, what happened to hula girls?
Everyone say yes to Hula Girls!

T
TikiG posted on Wed, Apr 6, 2011 12:23 AM

Right-On MP!

i say...BOOBS!! Hula Girls and BOOBS!!...how can one miss with those?

On 2011-04-05 21:38, mp wrote:
Everyone say yes to Hula Girls!

+1

I guess I started something. It's all Dan's fault he's such a boob, I mean boob guy. I vote for topless hula girls. Men you got to love em, Wendy

ps I did the Zombie Hut mug in clay for a swap. If this is the theme maybe I should make her again and in ceramic or maybe a painting. Humm lots to think about_________________

[ Edited by: danlovestikis 2011-04-06 10:05 ]

I think topless hula girls could be fun! hee-hee
~kele

G
GROG posted on Wed, Apr 6, 2011 12:49 PM

GROG hope that the theme, because GROG already start doing research.

My house is decorated in the "Late Century Prude" style, I'm not sure my wife would let me hang the topless piece I recieved in the swap :lol: How about a breast-shaped volcano mug enTITled "Kratatoa East of Cleavage" :D

Hey Mike, Dan has a man cave in the garage. I let him hang his topless velvets ect. out there, Wendy

[ Edited by: danlovestikis 2011-04-06 21:27 ]

T

Wendy I like the cut of your jib!! :D

Perhaps not topless - just Female?

what about Bottomless Hula Guys?

Wahines, Hula girls and female tiki gods, sounds good to me, just because tiki means penis doesn't mean that all tiki art should be a sausage fest....girl power!

Z

OK, ladies it is. If you do a topless piece and get MadDog, be sure to include a tiny felt bra to cover the naughty bits...

Visit Zerotiki!

[[[((8-0))]]]

[ Edited by: ZeroTiki 2011-08-04 17:29 ]

a boobie swap, really!

Z

Tasteful is possible, Dawn. The topless is not a requirement, so boobies might not be in all pieces.
Although, in certain cases, 'Boobs, by boobs, for boobs' may be the byline...
:)

I hope everyone ends up with a matched pair

K
kirby posted on Fri, Apr 8, 2011 10:45 AM

On 2011-04-07 07:12, little lost tiki wrote:
what about Bottomless Hula Guys?

We've been waiting along time for you to finaly come out of the closet, kinny. Congrats buddy, I know that was a difficult step.

T

An art swap featuring the fairer sex? How can I resist? I'm in!

:music: You're my sunshine and I want you to know that my feelings are true, I really love you. OOOOOh you're my BREAST friend :music: :D

Hmmm... I'll have to "play" with this one for a while before I commit. I'm not sure I have the mad sculpting skills required to pull off the female form.

I guess "Ladies of Tiki" could include mermaids too.
Zero, thanks for adding the bra for me :lol:

When life hands you molasses, make rum

[ Edited by: MadDogMike 2011-04-08 13:42 ]

I'm udderly in! (hey, I'm a dairy farmer, what did you expect?)

T
TikiG posted on Fri, Apr 8, 2011 7:44 PM

I'm in (or on!)- now to do research :)

Z

On 2011-04-08 19:44, TikiG wrote:
I'm in (or on!)- now to do research :)

I've heard the internet is pretty good for that. If you type in 'naked women' on most computer search engines, a website or 2 will come up.

T
TikiG posted on Sat, Apr 9, 2011 10:36 AM

...learn something new everyday :wink:

G
GROG posted on Sat, Apr 9, 2011 11:04 AM

Naked women? That must have been the problem. GROG was only finding images like this when GROG search internet.

C
cy posted on Sat, Apr 9, 2011 11:20 AM

Thanks for keeping us abreast zero. Tit will be mounds of fun and cans wait to see the boobie prizes/surprises. Mammalian protuberances are a subject worthy of artistic investigation and will bounce right in to nip this thing in the bud. Thanks bra

B

Oh no you didn't! LOL now THAT was funny!

On 2011-04-08 13:41, MadDogMike wrote:
:music: You're my sunshine and I want you to know that my feelings are true, I really love you. OOOOOh you're my BREAST friend :music: :D

Hmmm... I'll have to "play" with this one for a while before I commit. I'm not sure I have the mad sculpting skills required to pull off the female form.

I guess "Ladies of Tiki" could include mermaids too.
Zero, thanks for adding the bra for me :lol:

When life hands you molasses, make rum

[ Edited by: MadDogMike 2011-04-08 13:42 ]

Z

Getting abreast of the project...

...I've never worked with bamboo mats before. It is kind of interesting!

Visit Zerotiki!

[[[((8-0))]]]

[ Edited by: ZeroTiki 2011-04-09 14:12 ]

Count me in on this one... I think I have some headless Barbee dolls around here left over from the shrunken head swap... just kidding! I like the theme, should provide a lot of variety.

We need a deadline.

zerotiki, before you know it some country will be selling window shades with your design. It is an interesting effect. Wendy

Z

name submissions due by May 15th
Work to be finished by August 5th
(to give lots of time for the Oasis)
Drawing will be done Friday, August 12th by Mrs. ZeroTiki, aka Casket Case
(in the interests of impartiality, since my name is in there too...)

_________________~Zero
[[[((8-0))]]]

[ Edited by: zerotiki 2011-04-12 16:51 ]

Z

Progress!

Zero, you're kickin' butt and takin' names! I've got to start working on a plan first.

Z

A what, now? I've heard of those things...
:)

Just so folks know, I have re-thunk the due date for name adds, so take a l'il time (but don't wait till the last second)

When life hands you molasses, take it to MadDogMike and force him to make rum

[ Edited by: ZeroTiki 2011-04-12 18:21 ]

[ Edited by: ZeroTiki 2011-04-13 06:53 ]

Pages: 1 2 3 4 173 replies