Welcome to the Tiki Central 2.0 Beta. Read the announcement
Celebrating classic and modern Polynesian Pop

Tiki Central / California Events

Join Me @ DISNEYLAND this week 19th -25th

Pages: 1 42 replies

I'm going to Disneyland 1 day maybe 2 days this week, catch a look at Christmas at the park & do some shopping, lunch, dinner whatever. Looking for AP's (passholders or any) that want to go. The park is open 8:00am till 12:00am all this week. So, lets go, make some plans!

CL

Oh man, we are envious. Wish we could make it down...sounds like a great time. We love Disneyland during the holidays. Have fun! :)

[ Edited by: Coco Loco 2007-11-18 13:47 ]

I was planning on doing my monthly DL trip on Sunday the 25th.

If I still had a AP I'd meet ya there,
but i'm not paying no stiking 50 plus bucks to go there.

sorry, living in A-town you can get burnt out on the Happiest place on Earth.

Jeff(bigtikidude)

On 2007-11-18 23:09, bigtikidude wrote:
If I still had a AP I'd meet ya there,
but i'm not paying no stiking 50 plus bucks to go there.

sorry, living in A-town you can get burnt out on the Happiest place on Earth.

Jeff(bigtikidude)

LOL.. all these years & i'm still not burnt out.... if even to people watch :)

p.s. LOL 50 bucks!!! when was the last time you went, like 12 years ago :D

A

Disneyland on a four-day weekend? Man, you are a glutton for punishment. Good luck! :)

On 2007-11-19 09:02, arriano wrote:
Disneyland on a four-day weekend? Man, you are a glutton for punishment. Good luck! :)

If I only went once a year I would agree with you, in which case I go on Tues. or wend. but when you go 2-6 times a month, not a big deal for AP'er and I have all 7 days :D

I agree having an AP makes for a very carefree trip to DL. There's no pressure to hit all the rides.
As long as I hit the Enchanted Tiki Room, I'm a happy girl.

Speaking of Disneyland. If anyone here is an LAFD/LACFD Fire Dept employee or if their Fire Dept company fought in the recent fires here in Cali, they get a free 3 day park hopper into Disneyland till Feb by just showing their I.D. They can also purchase the 3 day park hoppers for family and friends at $56 a piece.

http://disneyland.disney.go.com/disneyland/en_US/reserve/specialOffers/detail?name=WildfireHeroesSaluteSpecialOfferPage&CMP=OTC-VanURLHero&bhcp=1

Knotts is offering free admission into their park by just showing your I.D. and you can have a guest free as well. You can purchase up to 6 guest tickets as well for only $12.95 a piece. I just went there this saturday. How nice was that not having to spend $100 to get two people into Knotts!! Dinnylan is next week! =))
http://www.knotts.com/special_events/07firepol.htm

Hiphipahula BTW...better check the annual passholders calendar. All of the passholders will be blocked out the 22-24th unless you've got a CA Select AP and then you'll be blocked the 25th from going as well.
https://secure.disney.go.com/disneyland/en_US/ap/index?name=AnnualPassholderGatewayPage&appRedirect=http://disneyland.disney.go.com/disneyland/en_US/ap/gated/landing?name=AnnualPassholderLandingPage

[ Edited by: GiantRobotTiki 2007-11-20 07:14 ]

On 2007-11-20 07:05, GiantRobotTiki wrote:
Speaking of Disneyland. If anyone here is an LAFD/LACFD Fire Dept employee or if their Fire Dept company fought in the recent fires here in Cali, they get a free 3 day park hopper into Disneyland till Feb by just showing their I.D. They can also purchase the 3 day park hoppers for family and friends at $56 a piece.

http://disneyland.disney.go.com/disneyland/en_US/reserve/specialOffers/detail?name=WildfireHeroesSaluteSpecialOfferPage&CMP=OTC-VanURLHero&bhcp=1

Knotts is offering free admission into their park by just showing your I.D. and you can have a guest free as well. You can purchase up to 6 guest tickets as well for only $12.95 a piece. I just went there this saturday. How nice was that not having to spend $100 to get two people into Knotts!! Dinnylan is next week! =))

Hiphipahula BTW...better check the annual passholders calendar. All of the passholders will be blocked out the 22-24th unless you've got a CA Select AP and then you'll be blocked the 25th from going as well.
https://secure.disney.go.com/disneyland/en_US/ap/index?name=AnnualPassholderGatewayPage&appRedirect=http://disneyland.disney.go.com/disneyland/en_US/ap/gated/landing?name=AnnualPassholderLandingPage

Mahalo for the info Giganticrobottikiduder that was all good info. except for you left out the part that says PREMIUM Annual Passholders Have NO BLOCKOUT DATES.

Shit, all I wanted to do was go to Disneyland for a frickin' day & all this negativity, what's it to you. Then don't go people egnore the post gesh...LOLOLLOLOLOLOLOLOLOLOLOLOLOL bunch of whiners.... :D :D :D :D

Get your purse Kate were going to Disneyland Sunday! :P

On 2007-11-20 13:03, Hiphipahula wrote:
Get your purse Kate were going to Disneyland Sunday! :P

Yeah!!!!! :D

So who's going? I was thinking of taking my son sometime in Dec.

Maybe there's a special day at Disneyland for mechanics?
Correction: ALL of the passholders are NOT blocked out! Premium Passholders have NO BLOCKED DAYS!!!
Check your info before you post GRT! Don't be so quick to post!

WooooooHoooooOooooooooo!

HIpHipHula- We'd join you if we were in the country! :D

LOL WooHoo & Soccer... when you get back to the U.S. we shall all make a trip.

SUNDAY Tiki-Kate & I will be going to Disneyland!! if anyone would like to join us.

I went last night for the fireworks & a quick dinner & it snowed on main street U.S.A. !!! it was so beautiful!!!! and Sleeping Beauty's Castle was NEVER more pretty with the snow. My Lord, what a sight!

T

There's no messing with the 'Koolkids' when that Disney 'jones' comes due !!!!

TM

I have pretty much given up on DL, and this is the first time I did not renew my AP. Too many people, and on every day of the week. When I was a youth, it was only the weekends that were crazy busy, and at least people could avoid huge lines by going on a tuesday afternoon or evening. Not any more.

I still go to downtown disney however, and have one of those fancy martinis at the Uva bar, followed by a cigar and a walk to the mist caves over at the hotel. They light those up, and it looks pretty cool. There is also an outdoor bar over there, which is good for a capper.

I hear ya Lucas, Over the past 20 years I have probably had over 10 year passes. I had 2 back to back recently as my sister gace me one for a x-mas present. But I decided not to renew.
I would like to go to see the new Pirate Island . but it'll have to wait.
I'm just burnt out on that place, and yeah the crowds mid week were horrible. Not my idea of fun.

Jeff(bigtikidude)

Mick & Jeff = Grumpy Old Men! Don't come back until you have the magic in you again!!! LOL!!!!!!

You would Hate Puerto Vallarta...There's always something to complain about!!!! (Just f***in wit ya!) :D

On 2007-11-22 08:53, lucas vigor wrote:
I have pretty much given up on DL, and this is the first time I did not renew my AP. Too many people, and on every day of the week. When I was a youth, it was only the weekends that were crazy busy, and at least people could avoid huge lines by going on a tuesday afternoon or evening. Not any more.

I still go to downtown disney however, and have one of those fancy martinis at the Uva bar, followed by a cigar and a walk to the mist caves over at the hotel. They light those up, and it looks pretty cool. There is also an outdoor bar over there, which is good for a capper.

ack

On 2007-11-22 11:44, bigtikidude wrote:
I hear ya Lucas, Over the past 20 years I have probably had over 10 year passes. I had 2 back to back recently as my sister gace me one for a x-mas present. But I decided not to renew.
I'm just burnt out on that place, and yeah the crowds mid week were horrible. Not my idea of fun.

Jeff(bigtikidude)

On 2007-11-20 12:40, Hiphipahula wrote:

Mahalo for the info Giganticrobottikiduder that was all good info. except for you left out the part that says PREMIUM Annual Passholders Have NO BLOCKOUT DATES.

Shit, all I wanted to do was go to Disneyland for a frickin' day & all this negativity, what's it to you. Then don't go people ignore the post gesh...LOLOLLOLOLOLOLOLOLOLOLOLOLOL bunch of whiners.... :D :D :D :D

Some people complain no matter what. Often it seems to be the same people. This is a post for those who might want to join us not a opinion poll or a complaint dept. gesh....
I have held a since maybe '97,98? 90% of the time I go mid week as I did last Tues. & of course I walked onto every ride & saw fireworks no problem as usual. I do avoid the very day of holidays & Fri & Sat. no matter, again I have a pass if it 's busy & go to dinner & come back next week. I am glad some people don't want to go & have so many complaints cause that's 2 less people in the park we need to deal with.
complaint dept. next door>>>>>>>>> :P

TM

On 2007-11-22 11:44, bigtikidude wrote:

Jeff(bigtikidude)

I have been going (over the last 4 years) pretty much 2-3 times per week. Always after work. I would just go, ride the jungle boat cruise, haunted mansion, POTC, then fastasy land and do Snow white and Pinnochio. Then finish off with the train. The train at night is very cool. Pretty much I would restrict myself to those rides that traditionally have the shortest lines. If the crowd was light, and I hit it at the right time, I would do the Tiki room too. But after 4 years of fanatical Disney worshipping, I have just had it with the crowds. In the last year I focused more on california adventure. There is a lot of good stuff there, and the fact that you can buy beer and wine and walk around with it (At Knotts, you have to stay in one place) makes it a winner. I always enjoy the ornamental tropical foliage at Flix's fun fair. Very well done.

As far as Pirate Island, I usually don't like tampering with classic attractions, but they have done a great job. If you can squeeze through the caves, there are some cool suprises that they added. Last time though, I had just eaten a veggie burger at the village Haus in fantasy land, and then I went to pirate island. It was in those cramped caves where the veggie burger showed it's true quality. I was farting horribly. Some kids in front of me started laughing at me. It was f-ing great!

There still is excellent music all over both parks, though. The Mariachi Divas in CA are awesome.

But, my DL days are over for a while. It's not a burn out of the park itself, but only of the crowds and the huge strollers and the parades which clog up the passageways and leave you no "out".

I will just have to keep my self entertained with my collection of well, pretty much every Disney DVD that they have ever made. That and one of my many, many books about the making of Disneyland and of Walt Disney himself. I actually think I might have TOO much Disney paraphenalia. And I spend too much time viewing DL related websites like "Yesterland" or "Atomobiles" or "Mouse Planet". My "My pictures" is clogged up with photos of vintage DL that I use as wallpaper. Oh well, I am a Disney Fanatic. Guess that did not come through in my last post.

Wow! This post sure has drawn a lot of "Hoopala", Hiphula! I have a family member that works there, just comes down, signs us in, and we park hop anytime! I avoid the more crowded days too, but when you get in for free, you don't complain as much. At any rate, you have a great time, sounds like you and Kate will have a female bonding session while shopping till you're dropping!

I am actually going on Monday, trying to avoid the big holiday crowds :)

On 2007-11-24 10:00, catmomma wrote:

LOL... Monday & Friday are worse usually on a normal week. Figure, people take a 3 day weekend, Fri, Sat & Sun OR Sat, Sun, MONDAY. Your best bet is go on a WENSDAY Thurs. is better than Tues. :) HAVE A MAGICAL TIME!

[ Edited by: Hiphipahula 2007-11-26 14:27 ]

Disneyland!

Thanksgiving week, a 4 day weekend BUT people went Wens., Fri, Sat. Tiki-Kate & I went Sunday as planned. Everyone went on Wens, Fri & Sat. as we thought. Sunday the park was open from 8am till midnight. We arrived a bit after 8am & there was plenty of people in the park oddly not riding rides there was lots of entertainment going on so many Holiday things to see. We walked onto every ride, I think the longest we waited was for "Peter Pan's Flight".. maybe 25 min.? We started with Mr. Toads wild ride no idea why lol a absolute 1st. I think we were just busy talking about howdy do's & going to see Sleeping Beauty's Castle all dressed up for the Holidays & that is the point were we said wanna go on this? Well! ... it broke down lol.. we had to walk out of it with all house lights on..
I did rides I had not done in a while, always cool... did all rollercoasters, Small World :) I usually skip it cause the song wears on my F'in nerves but it is all done up for the Holidays inside as well as out complete with Holiday music inside too. Then there was Splash Mountain! I never get wet, maybe a small drop or two, well, shit we were soaked. We stood under heaters at the plaza Inn & watched the fireworks. Great day & Good food at the Blue Bayou. Didn't find any tiki goods to buy :( so we had to save all our money for ?

On 2007-11-26 14:46, Hiphipahula wrote:
so we had to save all our money for ?

Three Wacky Yet Talented Kings

It was a fabulous day. I don't remember the last time I spent 14 hours at the park.

We had a hell of a time getting away from Mr. Toad.

And yes, I have this bizarre weakness for Small World.

I think the best part of the day was Kelly drying her socks under the heat lamps at the Plaza Inn. (I really wish I'd gotten a picture of that.)

We didn't take many pictures and I hope Kate's camera is ok, my phone is not working correctly due to soakings on Splash Mountain. SO here's my photo contribution. enjoy!

WE Rode some rides!

We Danced!

We saw some movie stars & V.I.P.'s when we finished the show at The Enchanted Tiki Room! Wow at those United Airline Bags huh! I told Kate "You bump into the kid on the right & I will snatch the bag!" She wouldn't go along with it :(

TM

I love that second picture of tommorrowland. Was that the "friendship train" or the "sunshine balloon" jamming on the stage?

Glad you guys had a good time there.

edited to take out my wet blanket attitude from a happy thread.

Jeff(bigtikidude)

[ Edited by: bigtikidude 2007-11-27 23:23 ]

On 2007-11-20 16:03, SoccerTiki wrote:

Maybe there's a special day at Disneyland for mechanics?
Correction: ALL of the passholders are NOT blocked out! Premium Passholders have NO BLOCKED DAYS!!!
Check your info before you post GRT! Don't be so quick to post!

WooooooHoooooOooooooooo!

HIpHipHula- We'd join you if we were in the country! :D

Soccertiki...HipHipHula already schooled me on the Premium passholder thing. I guess you were "quick to post" this as well.
Regarding the LAFD thing....anybody that is an LAFD employee can get the discount.

Shit, all I wanted to do was go to Disneyland for a frickin' day & all this negativity, what's it to you. Then don't go people egnore the post gesh...LOLOLLOLOLOLOLOLOLOLOLOLOLOL bunch of whiners.... :D :D :D :D

Whoops!! My bad. I didn't notice the obvious about the Premium passholders. Was just trying to do a public service just in case some people didn't know about the calendar they have for the other passholders and the special deal for the Firefighters or FD employees.

It's all good. Probably going this thursday seeing as how I haven't had my Dinnylan fix in a while.

[ Edited by: GiantRobotTiki 2007-11-28 00:12 ]

C

On 2007-11-26 13:52, Hiphipahula wrote:

On 2007-11-24 10:00, catmomma wrote:

LOL... Monday & Friday are worse usually on a normal week. Figure, people take a 3 day weekend, Fri, Sat & Sun OR Sat, Sun, MONDAY. Your best bet is go on a WENSDAY Thurs. is better than Tues. :) HAVE A MAGICAL TIME!

We had a great time and actually walked onto most of the rides we wanted to see. Only had a 30 minute wait to go on the "new" Nemo ride. It was a great day! Found a Tiki Joe necklace over at the Rainforest Cafe for my husband's santa stocking :)

TM

On 2007-11-27 23:02, bigtikidude wrote:
Glad you guys had a good time there.

edited to take out my wet blanket attitude from a happy thread.

Jeff(bigtikidude)

[ Edited by: bigtikidude 2007-11-27 23:23 ]

I don't want to edit my posts this time. This is a talk forum as well as a message board. But seeing how it is a talk forum, I don't think there is anything wrong with discussing the pros and cons of something. Someone brings up disneyland, I respond with "It's too crowded for my tastes these days". And I really don't see how that's being negative. It's just being honest. My sister called me from there last night. It was frickin packed with people on a tuesday night. Mostly very small children. On a school night, why are they not home? Why are infants ( babies under two years of age)out at 8:30 at night on a Tuesday? Perhaps some of the consistently "positive" people around here can answer that? Me, I am frustrated beyond belief that Disney is completely marketing this directly to these parents, and encouraging them to bring the kids out on a school night to look at the decorations. But what about the adults? Do we ever get a break? I have to wait for rain, and ditch work to get a slightly less crowded experience, but we all know it's never going to rain again around here, so I am SOL.
Bottom line, I appreciate people's enthusiasm for DL and creating a happy thread, as BTD said, but I also think this is a talk forum, and I don;t understand why people get so mad when they read an idea from someone else they don't agree with. We all have the right to disagree. I am sorry if someone thought I was being negative over this. I was just having an opinion.

Now can we please go back to talking about the original subject of this thread, Jimmy Buffet VS Les Baxter?

C

I totally agree with Luke Vigorwalker.

DLand reached a peak in the mid 90's, when it still sold merchandise that didn't have Mickey and Friends all over it. Remember the One-of-a-Kind Shoppe? Or the Bat N' Rouge, that actually sold voodoo items in the middle of New Orleans Square?

Some lawyer seemed to have swept through the park afterwards, removing the Skyway, the caterpiller smoking a hookah (the feet are still there), the mouse with a whip on top of the Dumbo ride (he now holds a feather, exactly the wrong message the film portrayed), and literally turned the volume down on the Pirates song!

Don't get me started.

But you can still have a fun time there, without paying the huge fee for the Premium Pass. (The Primo Pass by the way gets you into the park during holidays and Saturdays, which are the busiest times of the year, so what's the point of it anyway???)

If you get Fastpasses, go on Sundays, plan off-season you can beat the heat and the crowds.

Our all-time record for most rides done in one day is 51.

And if you HAVE to go during the holidays, try the small custom tours. It was only 50 clams per person last time we did it in 2005, and you get a small group tour where they take you to the front of the lines and tell you all kinds of insider trivia, play park games, and generally whoop it up. If you do the night tour (we did) they sit you right in front of the Castle to see the fireworks. It was very 1956, one of the best times I've EVER had.

Anyway, there still ain't nuthin' like getting an espresso at the Mint Julip Cafe and watching the live jazz! Then over to the Mansion....

J

Here's the thing ... this particular thread is about Hiphipahula looking for someone to join her at Disneyland. That's why it is listed in the "Tiki Events" forum. General Disneyland critique should go in either "Locating Tiki" or "Beyond Tiki." Those expressing negative opinions of Disneyland here have every right to do so, but those critiques belong in other areas of TC and are off topic for this thread.

On 2007-11-28 08:26, lucas vigor wrote:
Someone brings up disneyland, I respond with "It's too crowded for my tastes these days".

We all have the right to disagree. I am sorry if someone thought I was being negative over this. I was just having an opinion.

Now can we please go back to talking about the original subject of this thread, Jimmy Buffet VS Les Baxter?

Let's relate this back to the topic of the thread. It was a simple question: Does anyone want to go to Disneyland with me? It wasn't an opinion poll on who thinks Disney sucks or who thinks the park is too crowded or who thinks that there are too many kids out past their bedtimes. There's no room for disagreement with a question that simple. There was really only one answer which would have been, "I do." Although, there are some people who feel the need to respond on every thread just so it seems like they are contributing to the board with their "Gee, I wish I could go" responses to every thread in the event forums.

If you want to gripe about Disney or the Beatles or the price of gasoline or whatever, start a thread on that topic.

I enjoy people who are passionate about things, especially Disney, and love a good heated discussion, but there's a time and a place for everything. This just wasn't the right place.

You're absolutley right Kate! That's why I am voting to move this post to "Beyond Tiki"!

C
Cammo posted on Wed, Nov 28, 2007 3:19 PM

Probably best to leave it in Ca. Events as we all hope to go again soon & we can just change up the date & go see the TIKI ROOM! :) LOL at Cammo & his new thread Ha! Now no one has to struggle with foot in mouth & try to fix it then do it again this way! Thanks Kate, Jen & Scoccer for the intelligent outlook & havin' my back! I'm happy all who visited the park this Thanksgiving week were able to "walk On" the rides! Makes the experience that much better! Happy Holidays All!

[ Edited by: Hiphipahula 2007-11-28 16:04 ]

On 2007-11-28 14:05, SoccerTiki wrote:
You're absolutley right Kate! That's why I am voting to move this post to "Beyond Tiki"!

I concur in spades, Chris. I was going to add some shots of the Santa moais from Small World, but there's just no way to make this thread into tiki thing. We did sing really loud in the ETR, and the day essentially consisted of two broads talking about tiki mugs for fourteen hours... :wink:

I concur in spades, Chris. I was going to add some shots of the Santa moais from Small World, but there's just no way to make this thread into tiki thing. We did sing really loud in the ETR, and the day essentially consisted of two broads talking about tiki mugs for fourteen hours... :wink:

LOL... :wink: Oh & post those photos anyway please...

On 2007-11-29 03:56, Hiphipahula wrote:
LOL... :wink: Oh & post those photos anyway please...

Santa Moai is a little cross-eyed.

Pointy red top knot?

Platamapi.

Cool little detail in the Adventureland Bizarre.

CL

I'm just glad that you two had a good time. Mai Tai and I typically go to DL at least 3-4 times a year. And we appreciate HHH's previous invitations to join her. Perhaps one of these time's our schedules will coordinate. Onto another topic.... :)

Pages: 1 42 replies