Welcome to the Tiki Central 2.0 Beta. Read the announcement
Celebrating classic and modern Polynesian Pop

Tiki Central / Other Crafts

new paintings by Heather Pleasant 1/15/08

Pages: 1 34 replies

K

I thought I would post this because I wish I could paint but I cant really so I will post her first tiki painting. It is acrylic on panel board. She says her inspiration was our kids the great North West and a tiki tea party. The picture has a little glare.

[ Edited by: keigs20 2007-03-20 16:08 ]

[ Edited by: keigs20 2007-03-25 19:53 ]

[ Edited by: keigs20 2008-01-15 19:26 ]

Lookin' good, Heather... Mad Props. fB

T

Don't mind me asking. Where's the other kid? Nice painting !!!

On 2007-03-09 16:55, TikiLaLe wrote:
Don't mind me asking. Where's the other kid? Nice painting !!!

the tiki ate the other kid!!....seriously, this is a really good start...nice work!!

K

Fantastic job, Heather!
:drink:
Keigs is right to be proud of you...
Hope to see you at the next Hukilau, if not sooner!
K.

edited to raise a glass

[ Edited by: kikekeki 2007-03-10 08:58 ]

Heather has many hidden secrets and talents....she's an amazing and rockin chick! Thanks for posting the work, Keigs. Paint more, Heather, and put up her carvings too, Keigs!
Mrs. Bamboo

B

Keigs you have kept her under wraps long enough, it's time to let her crank out some more Sweetness. Beautiful!

Hey Heather!

Go with the paintings!!!

Way more lady like!!

Make Ken brush off all that ash/soot himself!!! (bastard!)

Rock on!

Maybe add a little "Floridian Eye Pencil" to the next one!!!!

It was an accident!!

Funnest time ever!!!!!

Very fun....it has a great bohemium feel to it. Looking forward to the next one. :tiki:

The great American Northwest Tiki. Cool. I like the girl's T-shirt. :wink:

Thanks you guys. I was awfully embarrassed that Ken would post this for the whole world to see (or at least his world). Anyway, now I can't stop and I feel like I'm neglecting my family. I just keep reminding myself that that I've given them 8 years of complete attention and the world won't end if I sit there and doodle for a couple of hours. I'm sure I will post another before the day is done.
Thanks Freddy.

Kikekeki, We hope to be at another event soon. So far it seems to be an every other year thing.

Mrs Boo, thanks, you are too sweet. I miss you. I'll make Ken dig up pictures of me with a chainsaw. I know that we have some.

Ben, Ken is dirtier than ever. But what can I do? Mrs Boo knows, there is something hot about a dirty sweaty tiki freak.

Vampiress and Pocky tiki, thank you. My environment, may be full of tikis, but there isn't a palm tree in sight, just mountains, kids, and tea parties.

Benzart,thank you, see you in FL. next time.

Here is a little more complete picture.

B

I Love it even More! Don't you Even Begin those guilt feelings. Stop them now and grab the brushes! You are right, it's YOUR turn to be creative and find out how much Fun it is.(I hate the saying, but it Fits) You GO Girl!

YAY Heather!!!

Paint your ass off!!!

Go for it!!!!!

Rahhhhhhhhhh!!!!

Very cute! Yeah, that girl's actually a cool little goth chick for her chothing choice! Obviously she's making the tiki very nervous! Forget the family, paint!

Great piece-makes my heart Smile!!!
I agree with TikiShark!
Art should always take the front seat to family!
What's that Honey? take out the Trash?
Gotta Go!

ST

Great work!! To me it makes me feel liike mayeb she put a little someting in his tead and that he is a little nervous to drink it.

Yeah, usually you do need to be nervous about what is in the teapot at our house. The reason I did the skull and crossbones is for Hanna, she is 6 and loves that look. She wants me to sew skulls on all her clothes. Thank you for the compliments Little lost, Surf tiki,Tiki Shark Art and Benzart. Benboo, I'm trying to paint my ass off, but unfortunately it doesn't seem to be working. Ha ha
Here is another one representing tiki in my hood.

[ Edited by: ms pleasant 2007-03-20 15:00 ]

T

The moths are cool, I recognize the one as being a real moth, so that probably makes the other so.

It sticks in your Head...I really like these! They're fun and a little unsettling all at once! Love the Owl! Glad you're enjoying yourself! Art is such a great gift!

H

Sweeet--I've always been a fan of the 'dot' style, very nice. The groovy owl really speaks to me too. (he says "whoooo whooooo"!)

Thank you for you comments. I love the owl too. It's a little wacky and out there looking. Keigs (ken) and my life is full of wacky witco animals and everyone is always joking about owl collections and thrift store owls, but you have to admit they are pretty cool animals. My next doodle will have to be be filled with chainsaws, tools, and sawdust because right now that is all I can see when I look outside for inspiration. Nothing like the smell of chain oil and sawdust in the morning!!!

I like how you put a tiny bit of Realism on the right side
( or, left side of painting :)- !!!!

Here is a my fisherman god painting. It is inspired by an original carving that my Grandfather did in the 60's. The fish and sun are also an ode to him. I really tried to get the wood grain on the tiki, but am not sure if I succeeded. Also, I was going to have Ken (Keigs) make a frame, but I painted too close to the edges, so I painted a frame with a pattern that Witco used on a lot of projects.

The wood has a really cool graphic quality! That's awesome to have tiki in the family like that.....I have two plaques that my father in law made in high school in the early 60s!

Cool!

The wood on the tiki is radical!

Husbands Rock!!

Keep pushing her Ken!!

Arrrrrrrrrrr!!!! :)

H

WHOOOOAA! Looks like you just rounded a bend on the learning curve with this one! I can definitely see your grandfathers influence here.

Thanks for looking at my stuff. I'm really having a great time experimenting. It feels great to sit and just let my creative side take over. Suburbanpagen, it is absolutely wonderful to have art in my family. I appreciate it more and more as time goes by. As a child I didn't realize how exciting it was to be surrounded by such talent. Ken has really been the one that opened my eyes to how special it is. He honors Grampa every day with his carvings. It feels good. What are the plaques like that you have from your family?

Thank you Ben. Husbands do rock.

Surf and Turf, this one looks better to me too. I think I might be on to something.

that piece i really very cool. i see a fine van gogh(sp?)quality in the style of this one. hope that comes across as a compliment!

Pat, thanks. Sounds like a compliment to me. Were you next to Ken and me at Hukilau vending this last year? If so, it was lovely to have met you and it's amazing how multi-talented you are. Next time we are in Florida, maybe we can commission you for some tattoo work.

Rock on Heather!

Hope you guys are well.

Any chance your going to Huki this year?

Hi everybody!! I've been painting a bit, dreaming of a warm sunny tropical vacation. It's freezing outside and there is an inch of snow on the ground,but it's amazing what the right music, some extra wood in the fireplace, and a good imagination can do for your soul in the middle of winter. Here is my painting of the 4 Pleasants on our family vacation.

Here is another one.

Thank you Keigs for framing them.

I dig number 2, it looks like a RED velvet painting!

Looks great! Keep 'em comming!

For the first picture on p.1, you can cut the glare out by turning off your camera's flash. Just put the painting under brighter lights, or outside in direct sunlight works best.

Yea hanging out inside in the winter and creating your own warm tropical vibe is the best! Nice paintings Heather. wish you were closer we could have a girls painting day! Dawn

Thanks Big Bro, I like that one too. Less is more sometimes. I primered and painted the board first with bright red and then sketched my design with acrylic paint pens and I really like the effect letting the bright red show through has.

Mad Cap Romanian, you are right, we have since gotten a better camera and are are also getting more skilled at taking pictures. Thank you for the advise.

Dawn, that would be very cool to live closer. You are invited anytime you want to drop in!! We will have to get together sometime. We have been recieving lots of compliments on the painting we got from you. I love it more every time I look at it.

Pages: 1 34 replies