Welcome to the Tiki Central 2.0 Beta. Read the announcement
Celebrating classic and modern Polynesian Pop

Tiki Central / General Tiki

Tabou Tiki Room Berlin Open!

Pages: 1 2 81 replies

Finally!!!We are exhausted! We went directly from our work clothes to party attire on Tuesday. It was an unbelievable opening, I thought we were prepared, but two of my "guests" had to work that night behind the bar with us. More pics later as people email them to me, but this is just a quick before and after (and before the party). Lots more coming...
-The Kaiserstyles

[ Edited by: kaiserstyle on 2004-07-21 20:52 ]

Wow! Looks fantastic. Love the before and after.....

JESUS, MARY AND JOSEPH!!!!! This place looks amazing! Don't tell me... Gordon W was the bar back and Dag was the extra bartender? No? ahhh, We soo wish we were there guys. really, and truly. The decor looks amazing. I am going to have sweet dreams tonight for sure!

Ha, Dagmeier left after 15 minutes because it was too crowded to get a seat at the bar. Guess who turned the logos on the tikis gold? Remember how we made fun of it, but I love the way it turned out...

V

Congratulations....it looks fantastic.

And hey, Berlin is not so far from here...I think i'll come visit you soon.

world peace thru tiki :)

beautiful kaiserstyle! what is the address?

I'm happy you like it. We will post alot more pics soon. Virani, you (and other TCers) are always welcome to stay at our guestroom. Just let us know.
JD, you find our address at: http://www.taboutikicentral.com

Mahalo

vielen mahalos!

Wow, that looks amazing! A very high quality addition to the stable of European Tiki bars. I can't wait to visit sometime!

Trader Woody

It was a great night. Sure it was crowded - opening night - hello!
The bar has to be seen in person - the actual bar room is flawless, so much details lined-up. And again the atmosphere was so nice. I think everybody who visited the place so far takes it in her/his heart.

KK

Congratulations, April and Stefan! What a beautiful sight, after all your hard work and trials and tribulations, you have arrived. Can't wait to see it in person, very soooon

Stefan, congrates bro. The place looks amazing from what I can see. I can't wait to see some more pic.

Looks like all the hard work is paying off.

I hope to come and see it in person some day.

Ok, some more pics! Hope this works!

Us!

And finally, our logo mug that tikitony designed!

[ Edited by: kaiserstyle on 2004-07-23 08:59 ]

Wow! That's beautiful.

M

Absolutely gorgeous place! Well done. Great mug, Tony!

(yes, it's one of those posts)

Finally! Proof that there is a (Tiki-)God & that (S)He loves us. Or at least loves Germany.

That place is incredible. I know that is a true labor of love, you can see it everywhere in those pictures.

BOOOYAAAAA! is that my mug, hmmmm?

G

Great job and nice mug Chiki/Tony! beautiful!

T

Wow what a wonderful place, and the mug is truly a Tiki Tony original, great job with everything.

H

It's breathtaking! Dangit, I've gotta get a passport already. The continent calls!

Congratulations, I wish you every success.

K

Now THAT is what I call a tiki bar (with restaurant). SUPER SWEET!

Wow that place looks sweet!!! Great job! And that logo mug is awesome! I also like the mug display!

[ Edited by: FLOUNDERart on 2004-07-23 16:40 ]

Wow....I'm German. Why am I not there? Very cool. The decor is excellent. I especially like your display of mugs. A true tiki bar. Bravo.

One more I forgot, If you're standing behind the bar this is what you see. The three painted tikis on the far wall are donated from Moritz R, who put in some long hours painting our archway frames and front door frames and some other great stuff! Thanks Moritz!

MMMMMMMMMMMMMMMUGGGG!!! MUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUG!!!

So ummm erm ah is there a way us state bound folks can get that mug???

Would it help if I said your space is simply jaw dropping? I hope to have a home space that looks a tenth as good as that.
The lighting is perfect! And the clutter isn't overwhelming. Your eye travels from one item to the next, with out getting lost or diverted.

Awesome, Awesome... sigh.
Tiki Gardener

On 2004-07-23 21:52, kaiserstyle wrote:
...donated from Moritz R, who put in some long hours painting our archway frames and front door frames and some other great stuff! Thanks Moritz!

And I see you hung up the painting that I found at the fleamarket and then asked Moritz to paint a Tiki into, cool! (..to the left of the bar)
Moritz is really good at painting Tikis into found thrift store art, I have two of his pieces like that.

As a D.P., I have to say the lighting is done really well! How are your exterior doorposts secured?

Hi everybody, thanks so much for all the kind words. It was alot of hard work (and we still have the second room ahead of us)so we don't mind receiving more of those wonderful compliments.
So far we've only received 20 copies of our signature mug. Those will be given to friends and visiting TC members (Chiki, Sven and Virani are the first ones on the list). Please let us know if you plan to come to Berlin. We will sell the second edition through our website: http://www.taboutikicentral.com.
No pre-orders yet. We're looking for a distributor in the US.

P.S. Sven, we love your painting and I think we found a pretty good spot for it. The two Tikis outside are locked and are taken inside before we leave.

Ok I look through the whole thread and no one asked or mentioned anything so I guess I will be the one to ask, where can I get a mug?

On 2004-07-26 11:46, Tiki-Toa wrote:
Ok I look through the whole thread and no one asked or mentioned anything so I guess I will be the one to ask, where can I get a mug?

As Fred Sanford would say "you big dummy"!
Did you happen to read the reply right before this one.

T
T

Ohhhhhhhh that one hurt, one for the fish man. :wink:

K

Hey! That's one of my ebay lamps hanging by the entrance in front of the outrigger(?)! I had no clue that it would end up in such a friggin' cool place!!! I nearly crapped myself when I spotted it! SWEET!

[ Edited by: KAHAKA on 2004-07-26 13:35 ]

Stefan, this looks absolutely great! Big thumbs up, I hope I find the time to come to Berlin in August...

I

Stefan,

Your place is AMAZING! I bow to your tikiness. What food will you be serving to go with the Mai-Tais? What does the drink menu look like???

Be there as soon as I can....

I-Tiki

Hey! I spy a mug that was previously part of the Trader Woody collection. It looks a damn sight happier there than it ever did over here!

Damn, that place looks incredible.

Trader Woody

I've got nothing new and original to add to what's already been said, but damn! Beautiful place! I love it!

Congratulations! What a stupendously beautiful room! Hopefully I'll find myself in your fine establishment sometime soon. Keep up the good work.

-Weird Unc

Hey Kaiserstyle's, glad to be apart of such a gnarly place! Can't wait to see it in person.

The place looks awsome guys, as soon as we get afree weekend and some cheap flights we'll pop over to see it in person.

Hi folks, I (Mr. Kaiserstyle) was out of town for a week while Mrs. K was running the place by herself (yes, you will love her too when you meet her at the bar). Quick response: Trader Woody, didn't I tell you I would find a nice place in the bar for your mug ? Kahaka, we love your lamp and I realized after I won the auction that you're on TC. Great craftsmanship. We don't serve food until the kitchen is set up (whenever that will be). Mrs. K is as good in the kitchen as she is behind the bar. I can't wait for that sweet potato salad. We have a temporary drink menue right now that's designed by our friend Mono Michalke. Will post his artwork next time.

Just booked some flights to Berlin!
We're not going until next March, but I'm already excited! Yee-haw!

Trader Woody

Hey Trader Woody,

you must have posted when I was out of town. We're looking forward to have you here next spring (Aloha Virani, see you next week). Hope I can safe you a first edition Tabou signature mug (they are all numbered and we will use a different mold for the second edition). I hope the whole place is set up by then.

Short update: we're open now for a month and it is going really really well. We get the people we wanted, KAHUNA KAWENTZMANN is rehearsing with his band and we had a fine article at a "City Magazine" that got us alot of customers.

One thing I have to share is an email I received from the German gossip/fashion magazine GALA (www.gala.de) who want to do an article on the "TIKI TREND". I should do a google search on "how to keep celebrities away from your bar" if that will attract wannabe stars and other annoying folks.

We had two production designers in last week who are working on a set for a daily soap. It will have a tiki bar. They will show me the model they're using to present their ideas next week. Will post pictures if possible.

...damn and we were hoping it would stay underground for a while!?!?!?!?!?!?!?!

F
foamy posted on Thu, Sep 2, 2004 10:27 AM

Mighty fine place you've put together there. I wanna go!

M

Just so amazing. Especially after seeing it in early March. It looks like every damned little drop of sweat and tears turned into sparkling tiki diamands and pearls that shine throughout the Tabou Tiki Room. It is just wonderful. You can travel around the world to finally find the greatest treasure in your own backyard. :) Cannot wait to inhale it in person. Definitly this month for more Interviews in Berlin. Thanks you guys for beating the tiki marathon and putting so much love in this project. Mucho Mahalos.

The DVD of Tiki
http://www.armchair-travelling.com

[ Edited by: Mogambo on 2004-11-26 04:47 ]

V

I've back from this wonderful place where I spent 5 days.
Berlin is a really nice city that I recommend to anybody, lots of places to see and tikibars to explore.

I had the pleasure to meet mister Sven and his girlfriend there, not long enough to alleviate my thirst of knowledge but I had a great time with them;
Stefan and April are a really really nice couple who really made our stay unforgettable.

I'll send plenty of pics of the bars and town and especially the tabou, who is the place I've been waiting to see in Europe for a long time.

Round 2 coming soon. Whoooohoooo!

chikitiki;can'twaitcan'twaitcan'twaitcan'twaitcan'twaitcan'twait............hi virani, i'm glad to hear you had a good time. sorry we couldn't do more for you guys. Maybe next time. Wanna see the picture of your happy face with your new mug. Hey Chiki, did I tell you that we can'twaitcan'twaitcan'twaitcan'twaitcan'twaitcan'twaitcan'twaitcan'wait. We made reservations for 90Grad already. HA!

You folks did a helluva job with that...looks top quality all the way! Is that a Milan Guanko outside your place?

Pages: 1 2 81 replies